9-12 & Ungraded
Brockton, MA
Students enrolled: 4,135

Brockton High School 4

Posted August 14, 2014
I am a Junior at BHS. And I absolutely love it, educational wise. But recently the school was having money problems which almost cause many teachers getting laid off. Which, thankfully, never happened. Honestly to have the best BHS experience all you have to do is just make sure you do your work but also remember to have fun. The choices of electives that we have is so large. We have different culinary, arts, photography, ceramics, visual arts, and mechanic programs. It's incredible. We also have a large list of clubs and sports you can join. I, myself, was in the freshman soccer team, and I loved it. You feel like a part of a team, it's amazing. And the different ethnicities we have at the school is great. We have all types of people from Central America, Africia, and Europe. There's people basically from all over the world, but of course you can't forget the Cape Verdeans who take up most of the population of Brockton itself. To sum this whole review up, BHS just has this vibe that I absolutely love. There isn't those typical groups like the jocks, the nerds, the geeks, the cheerleads. None of that. We all converse and hang out with each other. And that is a community.

Posted May 18, 2014
Just like every highschool there are a couple of well unadmirable students, but dont let those few bad eggs let you decide what kind of school this is. Im a sophmore at brockton high and i couldnt be happier. The teachers are caring and give one on one help after school, most of the students are friendly, and there are so many arts/athletics/academics programs! We have award winning singing groups, award winning drama department, amazing basketball,soccer,hockey,field hockey, baseball, softball, and swimming teams and we are the biggest public school east of the Mississippi river. Even though we have over 4000 students, we still manage to have very small classes, so everyone can participate and everyone gets a chance to get the help they need. If you're looking for a great high school experience, COME TO BROCKTON HIGH!! p.s we are very diverse, bullys will not be tolerated here

Posted October 08, 2013
I am a sophmore at Brockton high and i love it here! I lived in brockton for most of my life but i never attended the public schools here. I left Foxborough Regional charter school to come here. It all depends on the type of crowd you hang out with. It has so many opportunities and much more. You just have to take advantage of them. Brockton high has such a bad rep. Its like your typical high school to be honest.

Posted August 13, 2013
I recently graduated from Brockton High this year, and although the school is not perfect, I would not have chosen any other high-school to attend. There are sooooo many resources that can be utilized- especially for struggling teens. One girl that I knew, who really had it hard, was helped by many staff members to move out from her unsafe home, find a job, and another, more safer, place to live. They even set up a way to get her to the school and back at any time of day without her having to worry or pay anything. They also helped her out with getting into college. BHS is big, and there are some students and teachers that the school could do without, but overall it has a vibrant life and wonderful programs. Through the nursing program there, I was able to obtain my CNA license and now I can work in the field of my future career right out of high-school. There is sooooo much you can get from BHS- you just have to work hard, investigate where your resources are, and watch who you hang out with.

Posted June 15, 2013
My daughter is a freshman and went from an honor student involved in leadership and various activities to becoming a very defensive girl. There is a serious issue with bullying at this school and a policy that seems to punish the bullied along with the violator.I understand a zero tolerance policy which is NOT is practiced here. I agree with another poster that stated there is nepotism present as we had an incident with another girl that resulted in my daughter suffering a punishment and the other girl did not because her mother works at the school. I am highly disappointed and I am moving my child to another high school due to the violent and hostile environment in this school. They often lie or fail to inform parents of situations and I feel the reviews here artificial. They are all happy students and unsatisfied parents?? seems to be a pattern and would not be surprised to find the admins put them here to try to make the school look like something it is not!!! It is the administration that is lacking as I do feel they have a group of devoted teachers. However, there is a serious bullying problem.

Posted June 09, 2013
It all depends on what kind of crowd you hang out with to understand Brockton High . Im a Freshman and i love Brockton high because its a lot better than any other school i have ever been to !

Posted March 19, 2012
I am a freshman at BHS and honestly I'm so lucky to be in this school. It has such great teachers and a supportive principal. And about the discipline, I feel like they have great discipline compared to other schools. I'm not gonna lie, I was scared to come to this school at first but since I'm a good student, choose my friends wisely, everything is going well. This school has a bad reputation but it's not the administration or the staff, it's the students that choose to do bad. If your child doesn't mess around with the "bad kids" then everything will go fine, trust me. I'm so glad to be in this school. It has such great oppurtunites, like cermaics, culinary arts, Piano lessons, nursing, child studies, photography, & they have so many sports, drama club. this school is just awesome. Yes, there's alot of people but remember out of 4,800 students were all not gonna be angels, but were all not devils either. This is my school and unless you don't know why something bad happened or an accident then dont judge it. We have one of the best MCAS scores. When you go to apply for college when the administration see that you came from brockton high, they will be impressed.

Posted May 11, 2011
i think this a horrible school and dangerous and it needs more discipline as soon as they get better administration

Posted May 05, 2010

Posted January 05, 2010

Brockton High School
470 Forest Ave, Brockton, MA  02301
Last modified Brockton High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brockton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top