Brookline, MA

Posted November 03, 2014
St. Mary's school in Brookline has been going through some changes. The new administration had made meaningful changes. It is my strong belief that positive changes have happened and continune happening. New qualified teachers are on board and students feel cared for and are well-adjusted.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 03, 2014
This is a small school where the kids know each other well and form long-lasting friendships. Children are challenged through creative and analytical learning. Teachers are kind and highly-educated. The school has a band, a co-ed basketball program, and a vigorous curriculum. Staff, teachers and parents are committed school members. I give the school 5 stars based on the feedback that my kids give me and based on the experience I've had with the teachers and conversations I've had with other parents.

St Mary Of The Assumption Elementary School 1

Posted October 31, 2014
A few years ago I left a glowing review of this school. Since I can not retract it, I am updating my review to reflect current opinion. With the change in administration last year, we felt this was no longer a positive environment for our children (emotionally or academically). The comments on the board fall into step with the new administrative thought process ...if you are not happy leave. We made the decision to cut ties with St. Mary's and move our children into a new school. We are now struggling to play "catch up" at the new school since last years academic program was not at the same level as other local parochial/public schools.

St Mary Of The Assumption Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2014
I am not sure people in this school and community really love it. Ask your neighbor who have experience in this school, in person.

Posted June 21, 2014
This is a school with high academic expectations and strong curriculum. After 6th grade, most students get accepted to top performing middle schools. Superb education for the price. My children love their teachers.

Posted June 11, 2014
St Mary's in Brookline, MA is an outstanding school! I have been a parent here for several years and this year I watched a new principal transform this place into a world class elementary school. The teachers are engaged, the students are respectful and love to learn and the building is alive with activity. In the past there were a handful of parents who were allowed to function as if they ran the place and they have struggled with their loss of power this year. They need to get out of the playground, stop gossiping and find another school! We are so fortunate to have such a strong leader in our new principal; the school lacked leadership for many years. Our family is happily returning to St Mary's next year!

Posted December 20, 2013
St. Mary's is a great school. The teachers are exceptional. The principal is new this year and is an amazing, well educated woman who loves children. The teachers are also amazing. The only problem I have with the school is the parents who can deal with changes. Instead of helping to make the school the best possible place for their kids....they suck the life out of everybody by being negative and complaining (i.e. some previous posts). If you hate the school so much why don't you take your kids out or why don't you make more of an effort to help and be connected. Why don't you volunteer in your kids class room? Why don't you offer to help out in your kids class? The Principle, Teachers, Community and Parents make a school. Use your energy to help.

St Mary Of The Assumption Elementary School 3

Posted December 06, 2013
Some teachers are excellent, and some are absolutely terrible with NO credentials, and not even a master's degree or background in child development or teaching! This is what you get from private, catholic schools. And yes, their interest will ALWAYS come before yours or that of your child's! You have to figure out if this is better than the public school in your area, and just for now, for me it is! If you can afford a better private school or a good public school system, then definitely go there! Yes, they need to really look into some of their teachers, and their new principal has changed some administrative things for the better but she thinks like a lawyer and is NOT as accessible as the other principal. School administration, money, and business will always come first. They do not listen to the parents!
3 people found this helpful

St Mary Of The Assumption Elementary School 2

Posted May 16, 2013
I am a parent of a student at this school. It's kind of odd that there are suddenly all these positive reviews of this school all of a sudden. I agree with the reviewer who said that everything is ok as long as you don't question anything that they do. When you question something about your child's education, then you will see their true colors. The principal is fake and the teachers are fake.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 25, 2013
Excellent School and Excellent Teachers and Staff:) My daughter has been going to Saint Marys for 3 years and I will continue to keep her in this school till 8th grade. Yes, its pricey and yes, it seems like there is quite a price increase every year. But besides the financials, I am super happy with this school. Every teacher/office staff really cares about each student. The Principal is also amazing and so kind as well. Great School !! I Highly Recommend :)

St Mary Of The Assumption Elementary School
67 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA  02445
Last modified St Mary Of The Assumption Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mary Of The Assumption Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top