Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter had amazing teachers every year at Devotion, except one, when the teacher was still fine, just not amazing. Her kindergarten teacher is now recognized natiionally as a leader in early childhood education. She credits her 7th grade English teacher with helping her get an 800 on the writing portion of the SAT. It is a socially accepting environment with children form all over the world. We know one family whose son transferred from anther school where he was being bullied and he immediately found a group of friends at Devo, then became a cool much-loved kid at the high school. I remember a best-friendship between an Israeli girl and a Palestinian girl. It is in a great location, in the heart of Coolidge Corner, which means kids are part of the community and the community feels responsible for the kids

Wow...class of 1953. Still fondest memories. Teachers that really cared. Third or fourth grade teacher (can't recall which one) came to our humble apartment for tea and cookies after class one day. I was a top student academically, but also learned to use woodshop power tools, including the lathe. Glad to read that the best things about Devotion School still persist.

Devo is a very diverse international community of students and on average very well educated parents who care about their child's education. Walking through the hallways every morning you will hear goodbye in several different languages. The teachers and assistants in the classrooms are very well qualified and have been picked out of hundreds of applicants. I went to public school and before this had my children in private school. The Population is diverse but the education is more comparable to private. Just because it says on here 65% white doesn't mean that they are from this country... many are visiting Phds who are working in top rated universities in the area. I am happy with the school as a whole. I like the community, people are friendly, and like anything else if you put the effort into the school it will come back.

The Devotion School is supportive and caring. I am happy my daughters have such support and devotion from the teachers and staff. We are so blessed to spend our school years with this school.

Ineffective teaching assistants and apathetic teachers. A complete disappointment. The children learn because the parents care, not because it's a productive learning environment. From a social perspective, there is no classroom community and students are left-out. As for the curriculum it's nothing better than what the state doles out.

I love Devo because it has great teachers and a great curriculum.

Devo is an outstanding school in every aspect. The academics are excellent and the atmosphere is one of great diversity and great mutual respect. As a parent, I couldn't be happier!

This school is so great! I have been here since kindergarten and it is my second home. The community is like a family despite the large student body. The location is great and so are the teachers. The new principal Is also making a lot of great changes!

I love all the teachers that my children have had. Not all teachers are great, but I've been blessed with wonderful teachers. Not as much parent participation and comradery as I would like, but there is some participation. There is a new principle and he seems to be making a lot of great new changes. I am happy with the changes so far and the children seem to like him very much.

Last modified Edward Devotion is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.