PK-8 & Ungraded
Brookline, MA

Posted January 25, 2015
My children are doing great on their first year in Brookline. They are enjoying school, friends and new activities. We are lucky to be here and form part of Pierce community. Teachers and all the staff are professional and take care of our children. and they feel comfortable, enjoy learning and being at school.

Pierce 4

Posted December 30, 2014
Caution: Pierce (like all Brookline public schools) have a history of excellence. I attended the public schools myself in the town, and my kids have gone to Pierce for 7 years. The town is experiencing a population boom. While the teachers, staff, and long standing principals are doing an excellent job weathering the population storm, the Superintendent and school committee is not. We are already seeing quality start to slide, despite everyones best efforts. Test scores gradually decreasing, focus on education slipping. The future is not roses, I do expect more decline before Brookline is able to bounce back. Brookline is not keeping up with its gifted students, nor with technology in the classroom. The towns philosophy about education does not put academic rigor first. The students are happy, but I'm not sure they are really being challenged. The world language program is not much to brag about, likely due to funding. That being said, Pierce has a strong and social parent community. Despite being in two (soon to be 3) separate buildings, the community is close knit. The principal is amazing and professional, as well as warm and wise.
3 people found this helpful

Posted June 03, 2012
My son (soon to be in the 5th grade) has done very well at Pierce. We moved to Brookline from the South Shore 'burbs when he was in the 2nd grade. After a rocky start (it's VERY different -- in a good way -- from the suburbs), I'm happy to say that he's thrived here and has become very independent, for ex.: it's safe enough for kids to walk to and from school here. We love being able to walk/bike/take the T to get around. Much of the school has an open floor plan, which concerned me at first because my kid has ADHD, but the services here are excellent. It's also turned out that the openness of the school works well for him, because he can take a break unobtrusively when he needs one. The school also is, as another reviewer has noted, economically and socially diverse, and offers a welcome break in that sense from the suburbs. Your kids will meet children at Pierce from around the world and from different backgrounds. Pierce is a vibrant urban school that emphasizes and encourages earning, reading, critical and creative thinking. Parents are also encouraged to be involved in the school. I would say there's a very positive atmosphere overall. Come visit and see for yourself! :)

Posted September 24, 2010
Pierce is an excellent school in every aspect. The location is great and so are the teachers. My daughter and son are very fond of school life.

Pierce 0

Posted September 16, 2009
It is socioeconomically and racially diverse.

Posted May 29, 2007

Pierce 3

Posted February 16, 2007

Pierce
50 School St, Brookline, MA  02446
Last modified Pierce is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pierce Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top