Bad
Good

I have only had wonderful interactions at this school. The curriculum is rigorous and meets the needs of all learners!

My son attended the Benjamin Banneker from kindergarten until he graduated in 2014, the staff from the receptionist to the director were knowledgeable, kind and supportive. Their curriculum was excellent. Being there he had an opportunity to do things he would not normally done, like being a part of the adventure club, going skiing, hiking and their trip to Washington D.C. He thrived there, I wish the school went all the way to high school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers were kind and compassionate and fostered an environment conducive to learning from their small class sizes to homework help

This is a very good school and my child loves it. I would recommend it to anyone. The building needs help but there is vision and hopefully, soon, there will be a new state of the art school built. I am an involved parent and attend the parent meetings and there is a lot of great information shared with parents! Check it out!

The teachers at BBCPS are dedicated, resourceful and go above and beyond for my children. One thing I would like to see change for the better at this school are the administrators. They are not visable at school events, and are difficult to get in touch with. A strong school community has to begin at the top.

The Benjamin Banneker Charter Public School is an urban K - 6 Science and Technology School, committed to excellence in Education. It believes all students can excel as learners and citizens when provided a rich, supportive, and stimulating educational environment. This school is a place a call my home.

I am a student who recently attended the Benjamin Banneker Charter School before going to the Community Charter School of Cambridge and I must say that Banneker is a great school. I had fun, always felt safe, and always felt like I had teachers who actually cared here I was, and stressed the importance of me caring where I was academically. I went to Banneker since kindergarten and after moving on to the Community Charter School of Cambridge I am an A student, and now realize how great Banneker is and was, compared to so many other schools.

Last modified Benjamin Banneker Charter Public School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.