Public charter
Cambridge, MA

Posted October 07, 2013
BBCPS is an amazing school! We strive to meet the needs of all students and it shows! We are a level 1 school in MCAS and continue to do well each year. I love that we are a tight knit community where everyone is welcome. Our state of the art computer lab is amazing. If you get a chance you should come check out our school!

Posted August 16, 2011
This is a very good school and my child loves it. I would recommend it to anyone. The building needs help but there is vision and hopefully, soon, there will be a new state of the art school built. I am an involved parent and attend the parent meetings and there is a lot of great information shared with parents! Check it out!

Benjamin Banneker Charter Public School 3

Posted November 21, 2009
The teachers at BBCPS are dedicated, resourceful and go above and beyond for my children. One thing I would like to see change for the better at this school are the administrators. They are not visable at school events, and are difficult to get in touch with. A strong school community has to begin at the top.

Benjamin Banneker Charter Public School

Posted September 16, 2009
The Benjamin Banneker Charter Public School is an urban K - 6 Science and Technology School, committed to excellence in Education. It believes all students can excel as learners and citizens when provided a rich, supportive, and stimulating educational environment. This school is a place a call my home.

Posted September 19, 2006
I am a student who recently attended the Benjamin Banneker Charter School before going to the Community Charter School of Cambridge and I must say that Banneker is a great school. I had fun, always felt safe, and always felt like I had teachers who actually cared here I was, and stressed the importance of me caring where I was academically. I went to Banneker since kindergarten and after moving on to the Community Charter School of Cambridge I am an A student, and now realize how great Banneker is and was, compared to so many other schools.

Posted May 14, 2006
The Benjamin Banneker Charter Public School has been a wonderful learning environment for my children. I have found the teachers to be caring, knowledgeable and approachable. Class sizes are small and teachers seem to teach in a variety of ways, such as with projects and oral presentations. There is always a lot going on at the Banneker, Family Math Nights, Holiday concerts. I have found it to be a safe and inviting atmosphere for my children. One thing I would love to see change at the Banneker is for more families to be involved. Our children need us to be involved, and everything seems to be better all around when schools and families work together for the children. I am proud to send my children to the Banneker and I look forward to seeing them grow and graduate from the Banneker. Signed, Banneker Parent.

Posted August 25, 2005
Great school, I would recommend to anyone. The cirriculum is outstanding and the children who attend, including mine and other relatives, all 'LOVE' The Benjamin Banneker Charter Public School. My two daughters have gained so much like maturity and of course most importantly knowledge. Each classroom has about 15-20 students only with two teachers per room. This school goes from K-8 and is well worth the full 9yr stay. My youngest will be attending the upcoming school tear '05-06' and I can't wait to see his academic progress, as well as his mental and physical behavior milestones. Also attending, are two of my cousins. The first cousin I sent to The Benjamin Banneker strarted 2 years ago in the 6th grade. She will be in the 8th grade this year and has gone from a C-D grade student when in regular public school, to an A-B student while here. BEAUTIFUL!

Benjamin Banneker Charter Public School
21 Notre Dame Avenue, Cambridge, MA  02140
Last modified Benjamin Banneker Charter Public School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Banneker Charter Public School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top