PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at CMS are great - they know Montessori & they know my kids. They are willing to give more challenging work to my child who needs it & they are willing to go over things another child needs help with. Several of the CMS teachers train new Montessori teachers.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework doesn't begin in earnest until the 3rd - 6th grade classroom. They receive a folder of homework each Wednesday, and are encouraged to stay after school to get a head start on it. The folder is due the following Tuesday. This allows the students to learn how to manage their time. In 7th & 8th grade, the homework is nightly, and students learn how to juggle many deadlines - both short & long term.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school fosters leadership in the students - by the 3rd year in each multi-year classroom, students are mentors, and leaders of their younger peers.

Cambridge Montessori School has been a great fit for all 3 of my children. From the Primary program to the Middle School, the teachers have been great. The multi-year classrooms really allows the teachers to get to know each of my children very well.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers here are some of the best in the country and recognized as such. it was one of the reasons we chose the school.

Amount of homework: no rating

The homework level varies across the grades and at higher grades depends on some of the electives that the students take - so at some times i felt it was a little light and others a little heavy.

My children have been through all levels of the school from toddler to Middle School, and have been challenged, invigorated and excited by the program and the families there. The faculty has been amazing and even my children have recognized that even the tougher teachers had their best interests at heart.

My children have thrived at Cambridge Montessori from the first day of the toddler room through to Upper Elementary. The teachers in the Upper Elementary classroom where my older child is now are some of the best educators I have seen anywhere, at any level, including university. I am convinced that the Montessori philosophy is one that works for most children and that my children are extremely lucky to be able to experience it at CMS. I am paying attention to how my children are developing the LOVE OF LEARNING at CMS. This is what it is about.

We started our children in Montessori because we believe in the curriculum and the style of education as set forth by Dr. Maria Montessori. This includes freedom of movement, own-pace learning and hands on education. Cambridge Montessori fully embraces these ideals throughout the administration, teachers and support staff. As with any school, the classroom teachers have tremendous influence on the direction of the students. We feel that CMS has done an excellent job of retaining the teachers that truly believe in Montessori education and respect the students and families. The administration was also very proactive in bringing in program directors that are passionate, intelligent and caring educators. We have been at the school from primary through the middle school with our daughter and sons, each with very different learning styles. Each classroom was very attentive to the needs of our children with all three more than ready, both academically and socially, for the next stage of their academic journey. CMS is a vibrant, diverse community that has been a perfect fit for our family.

This school was substandard on all levels. The parents live in constant fear of retaliation by poor reviews of your child by the administration in case you leave for another school. The teachers are intolerant of any child that does not fit their idea of "normal" and they will make you undergo counseling and constantly complain that your two year old "was loud and jumping today". It was truly a miserable experience for our toddler and us and in retrospect I wish we pulled out out kid mid year and not had him suffer through the end. After me moved to another school it was for the first time we had our child express happiness and want to go to school.

Last modified Cambridge Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8