Cambridge, MA

Posted May 27, 2012
BACS is a very unique school. If you want your son to get a one-in-a-million education, this is the school for you (low tuition, small class sizes, challenging academics, awesome student body, good teachers, involved parents, high-tech classrooms). But it's a demanding school too, especially musically (many concerts, singing engagements, Masses, rehearsals, etc). We think it's worth it because our child likes music.

St. Paul's Choir School 4

Posted April 24, 2011
I'm a student at BACS who's graduating in a few weeks. I think that BACS is what you make of it. You can get so much out of the musical and academic education and you can also breeze by doing no work whatsoever. BACS has its strong fronts, and its weak areas. BACS has a real strength in music, and many kids get a lot out of music here. I've gotten a lot out of singing. However, piano lessons are kind of annoying sometimes... Academically, BACS has picked up from where it once was. The English and History classes are much better than they once were, and are honestly really good. The Foreign Language classes aren't that great right now, but they hopefully will pick up in the next year. The Math and Science classes really need improvement... I have mixed feelings about my experience at BACS. 6th grade was hell. 8th grade has been good. However, there are a few teachers that most people find to be "difficult." I don't think they'll last, however. But the kids in my class are really great, so that has sort of evened it out. I wasn't sure what to rate BACS, because I have such mixed feelings. I'm giving it 4/5 though. Since I'm leaving soon, I'm not going to be too bitter.

Posted April 03, 2011
I'm a student at BACS and I love it here.The teachers are nice but strict and they know how to handle boys better than most schools. We get a wonderful musical education along with strong academic program. I would recommend this school to any student entering fifth grade.

St. Paul's Choir School 1

Posted April 29, 2010
I'm a student at the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School. (or as we call it BACS) Trust me, DO NOT SEND YOUR KID HERE. It is a miserable experience. Most of the kids here hate music even though it's a music school. The kids mostly are jerks who act very immature. All the teachers are old and can't control us and more than half of them should have already retired. BACS takes up most of your time so if you do sports or music outside of school you probably will have trouble fitting it into your schedule. You get a good education out of it, but to be in honest it is terrible in English. In music it does a good job of teaching you to sing, but as for the other music education you get you have to want to learn music. Unfortunately most kids there don't.

St. Paul's Choir School 1

Posted January 29, 2010

Posted September 28, 2003

St. Paul's Choir School
29 Mt Auburn St, Cambridge, MA  02138
Last modified St. Paul's Choir School is a Private school that serves grades 4-8
St. Paul's Choir School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top