9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 02, 2016
I felt grateful for English teacher Mrs. Rad. She is an amazing women who would go to the end of the earth for her students- more teachers should be like this woman.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 02, 2016
The homework load is the last thing this school should be worrying about. Homework doesn't matter much to students who all copy each others assignments.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted February 02, 2016
Most students get their work handed to them from upperclassmen who charge money for old tests and projects.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 02, 2016
Teachers grade based on personal feelings for students. The guidance department is extremely unhelpful and the people in charge don't even know how to use a computer. Getting my transcripts was nearly impossible.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted September 08, 2015
Academics are sub-par and grading is way too lenient for students. Not enough challenging material.

Posted September 08, 2015
This high school is not worth the tuition. It's basically a public school with uniforms.

Matignon High School 5

Posted March 24, 2015
I can't say enough about Matignon High School. My children (twins) had a hard time in a public middle school and after looking at different private schools for high school they both picked Matignon. They said is was an easy decision because when they shadowed there "it was like we had been going there already. People treated us like we were students there and everyone was friendly." They were behind a bit when they started but the teachers have been great getting them caught up to where they need to be! They are now sophomores and are doing very well. They love their school and are proud to go there. I can't speak highly enough about the faculty, the Principal and Vice Principal. As Christians is was important we found a school who shares our values and beliefs... I did not want God shut out when the school doors closed! I consider myself lucky to have found this school! To see my kids happy and doing well means the world to me and my husband.

Matignon High School 4

Posted October 02, 2014
Matignon is a good alternative to some of the large public schools in the area. It is small enough that your child isn't lost in the crowd but large enough to have a lot to offer.

Posted September 27, 2014
Matignon High School was a top pick school choice and I had high expectations as a parent sending my child to a private school. However, upon completion of the first academic year the experience was less than optimum to say the least. The lack of use of the most fundamental Christian values, stereo type of certain segments of the student population, along with lack of real leadership has lead me to realize that they could never fulfill their promise of EXELLENCE! As a school that is supposed to be faith based they really need to evaluate what they stand for, signed a very disappointed parent.

Posted October 01, 2013
this school is an amazing school if your white honestly or even chiense. black students are not treated equally at this school at all. there has been numerous occasions in which a black student would get punished heavily for the same thing a white student does and they just get a slap on the wrist. when i went it was 2009 and it shouldn't be that way but it was. Like I said it is an AMAZING school that you can be very successful from. most the teacher are great. But, i remember one time i went to the guidance counselor she asked me what i wanted do be i told her a doctor she said that is too hard for me to do and i should consider something else. I thought it was just me but a few other black students had the same experience. It really did hurt being in that school and affected the way i felt about myself. I talked it over with my mother and left halfway through the year because depression was starting to take a toll on me. I have always went to all white schools but never felt different or bad about the skin I am in. I am going to pursue my hopes of being a doctor and I don't care what she or anyone else says about me.

1 Matignon Road, Cambridge, MA  02140