Cambridge, MA

Posted March 24, 2015
I can't say enough about Matignon High School. My children (twins) had a hard time in a public middle school and after looking at different private schools for high school they both picked Matignon. They said is was an easy decision because when they shadowed there "it was like we had been going there already. People treated us like we were students there and everyone was friendly." They were behind a bit when they started but the teachers have been great getting them caught up to where they need to be! They are now sophomores and are doing very well. They love their school and are proud to go there. I can't speak highly enough about the faculty, the Principal and Vice Principal. As Christians is was important we found a school who shares our values and beliefs... I did not want God shut out when the school doors closed! I consider myself lucky to have found this school! To see my kids happy and doing well means the world to me and my husband.

Matignon High School 4

Posted October 02, 2014
Matignon is a good alternative to some of the large public schools in the area. It is small enough that your child isn't lost in the crowd but large enough to have a lot to offer.

Posted September 27, 2014
Matignon High School was a top pick school choice and I had high expectations as a parent sending my child to a private school. However, upon completion of the first academic year the experience was less than optimum to say the least. The lack of use of the most fundamental Christian values, stereo type of certain segments of the student population, along with lack of real leadership has lead me to realize that they could never fulfill their promise of EXELLENCE! As a school that is supposed to be faith based they really need to evaluate what they stand for, signed a very disappointed parent.

Posted October 01, 2013
this school is an amazing school if your white honestly or even chiense. black students are not treated equally at this school at all. there has been numerous occasions in which a black student would get punished heavily for the same thing a white student does and they just get a slap on the wrist. when i went it was 2009 and it shouldn't be that way but it was. Like I said it is an AMAZING school that you can be very successful from. most the teacher are great. But, i remember one time i went to the guidance counselor she asked me what i wanted do be i told her a doctor she said that is too hard for me to do and i should consider something else. I thought it was just me but a few other black students had the same experience. It really did hurt being in that school and affected the way i felt about myself. I talked it over with my mother and left halfway through the year because depression was starting to take a toll on me. I have always went to all white schools but never felt different or bad about the skin I am in. I am going to pursue my hopes of being a doctor and I don't care what she or anyone else says about me.

Posted April 09, 2013
Matignon High School simply is unable to truly satisfy the needs of students in pursuit of achieving "excellence." As a matter of fact, the only positive to come out of Matignon were my experiences in challenging courses because the faculty was exceptional. However, underclassmen suffer with very lazy and unmotivated teachers until APs become available. The administration is laughable, as the Principal and Headmaster seem only to show a hospitable disposition with the Drama Club and Girls Basketball team; so I suppose if you are involved there, the administration may actually know your name. There are a substantial amount of clubs, but none of them are very active. Yearbook and KEY club are seemingly the only ones with regularly scheduled meetings. Sports, minus Hockey and Baseball are unexciting and no longer a part of the Matignon culture. This leads me to Guidance Department, the most useless component of the school. As a senior, I did all of the search on my own and received little to no, actual guidance at all. Unless you are an upper middle class white Catholic student with no humbleness, Matignon is not a school I recommend.

Posted February 25, 2010
Matignon offers a variety of classes and sports for you to take part in. However, they do the bare minimum in helping a student get into college. I was poorly advised on SAT, GPA, and NCAA requirements that had to be met and when I asked I was given, 'That's your job to find out'. The athletic department is extremely weak. The AD does minimum work and doesn't care about success on the field, but only that the kids 'stay out of trouble'. There are several less then satisfactory coaches in the athletic department that leave the vast majority of parents upset. My experience with Athletics and the Administration has been cold to say the least, and I'm far from a trouble student. The kids are great, and the teachers are fantastic. However, it's not worth the tradeoff the weak support by the Athletics and Administration.

Matignon High School 0

Posted September 13, 2009
Mattignon has a reputation for excellence in academics as well as sports. Throughout the years several generations of many families have attended, and, continue to do so. Submiited by a former student

Posted August 21, 2007
I am thrilled with the educational, sports, and extracurricular activities available at Matignon. My boys are thriving there. The teachers, coaches, and support staff are supportive yet firm. Respect is expected at all times from every student.The academics are very challenging but the support is there for the asking. The physical improvements to the school and playing fields are spectacular. A very involved parents group and alumni association add to the welcoming and supportive atmosphere. I feel lucky to have my kids attend Matignon.

Matignon High School 0

Posted July 12, 2007
Matignon High School is such a wonderful place to work! Not only are there beautiful things being built on the outside, but there are also beautiful relationships being built among the staff, students, parents, and administrators. I honestly love what I do and I am so proud to be a part of the Matignon community!

Posted January 07, 2007
this is a great school for your kids to go to. There are going to be alot of improvements in the next couple of years. Take your child to matignon and have yourr child to shadow a freshman because they're new to the school and they will be able to relate to your child. So give this once great school a second chance you won't be disappointed.

Matignon High School