PK-8 & Ungraded
Cambridge, MA

Posted November 22, 2013
FMA is the most welcoming, peaceful, diverse, engaging, creative place for kids. FMA's Principal, Robin Harris, is a visionary creating an environment where kids learn about the world at large, get engaged in international programs, and where kids are nurtured like in a family. From pre-K and on, kids have four music lessons/week. It has a beautiful basketball gym where kids get to have physical activity. There is a huge emphasis on sciences and life long learning. We moved to Cambridge after the school lottery for the year was closed, and I was terrified of where my son would go. We found FMA almost accidently. From the first day, when Robin Harris took time to personally introduce us to the school, we felt like at home and have loved it ever since. My son wants to go to the school every day. Grateful parent

Posted April 24, 2012
This school is the best in Cambridge Ms.Harris is the principle she is dedicated to the core of what learning is all about Fletcher Maynard Acadamy is the only school in Cambridge in intrenational trips .Ms.Harris fund raise for the kids all year long to give the kids the opportunity to travel INTERNTIONALLY with supervised staff that dedicated to teaching as Ms. Harris love this school soo much love the staff all from the princalple to the janitor It's sad that I see my son go to middle school I wish he could stay there for ever

Posted October 24, 2011
My daughter has been going to the school for 2 years now, and I found the staff and faculty are all willing to go the extra mile for our kids. It's really encouraging to know that we are able to speak our minds and actually be heard regarding our children's education.

Posted September 09, 2011
The principal Robin Harris is like an angel to us. I have never ever seen such a great principal that is so willing to help the parents and the children. With such a great principal, I think the school must be great. I am looking forward for my both son staying in this school.

Posted February 04, 2011
I Love this school. It's a place where each individual can grow. This school embraces all cultures and learning styles. The students here have expressed to me that they love this school more than some of the other schools that they have attended. The students get to travel to places like China and enjoy the arts. Some favorites are musical instruments, computers and they really appreciate gym this time of year.

Posted October 10, 2010
The faculty are dedicated to student achievement!

Posted October 10, 2010
Fletcher-Maynard makes very good use of community resources to expand its offerings to students.

Fletcher/Maynard Academy 4

Posted December 20, 2008

Posted June 22, 2008
My son went to school at the FMA this year and it was such a great experience for him. He'll be going next year as well. I looked at the other schools in the area and couldn't believe the staff turn over rate (Cambridgeport). There's nothing worse than unhappy teachers. The class sizes are small. the enrichment classes in the after school are awesome (piano) and the extended day is such a great opportunity for kids to learn all subjects. They have Spanish for the students!!

Fletcher/Maynard Academy 4

Posted November 20, 2004
- a staff
I am not a parent of an FMA student, but I do have the honor of being a regular volunteer there. I have worked as a childcare professional for ten years. I've worked with teachers, teenagers, veteran childcare professionals and MEC beurocrats. I've worked at afterschool programs and all - day programs. I feel that I have the objectivity to say that the teachers and many of the parents at FMA have really rallied to try to help a school at the mercy of the MCAS system,not to mention our presidential administration's other misguided initiatives.This is a school that is only four years into what was a major change for the families and staff( when The Fletcher School and Maynard Academy had to combine)!I am confident about it's future.

Fletcher/Maynard Academy
225 Windsor St, Cambridge, MA  02139
Last modified Fletcher/Maynard Academy is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fletcher/Maynard Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top