PK-8 & Ungraded
Cambridge, MA

Posted February 28, 2014
Amigos is a really great school. Our kids are learning in Spanish and English and thriving. Teachers genuinely care about what happens in the classrooms. We are friends with many parents and the school community is motivated and involved. The Amigos community school offers amazing afterschool classes including bi-lingual homework help. We feel very lucky that our kids are going to Amigos.

Posted October 24, 2013
Our son loves going to Amigos every day! The atmosphere is happy and energizing. The school climate is joyful, respectful and supportive. Teachers and other staff work hard on improving things for the students. The teachers love each other and learn from one another. We have met other wonderful families that share our love of learning and belief in social justice. Amigos is a really fun place!

Posted October 23, 2013
My child has been at Amigos since 2008. She loves going to school. We have had wonderful teachers, and my child has made great friends. She has learned a LOT of Spanish. Her favorite is social studies.. Some highlights have been projects about the Wampanoag tribe, Antarctica, and puppet plays. She loves having reading as homework and Writer's Workshop.

Posted October 23, 2013
My son is in his second year at Amigos. So far our experience has been amazing. Noelle, the JK teacher is one of the best teachers I've encountered for that age group ever. She builds a strong community among the kids. Every weekend my son would come home asking when he got to go back to school. He's starting to speak some Spanish at home as well. He seems to be having a great year so far as well.

The Amigos School 3

Posted September 16, 2013
I need to get more information about this school..my granddaughter attends KG there...is there a way to get updates? .

Posted September 10, 2013
My kids are having a great experience at Amigos. They make friends, learn and enjoy everyday going to school.It is incredible to see them reading and writing in English and Spanish.

Posted June 19, 2013
My child is on the waiting list at Amigos. We called to request a tour and were treated rudely by the receptionist. She seemed to think that since we hadn't yet gotten in, we didn't have a right to inquire or visit. She also disparaged the kind teacher from another school who recommended we visit. I do hope the rest of the staff has better manners.

Posted December 13, 2012
My youngest just graduated. They went to this school and (mostly) enjoyed learning Spanish (our family is English speaking). We felt very lucky to have a free public school that is bilingual immersion. The school has to do more to address classroom and playground behavior - but so do all schools. Definitely worth looking at - and getting all your friends to join.

Posted October 08, 2012
This school was a disaster-- no classroom control, rote learning, disorganized administration. The parent who described this school as "unsafe" was absolutely right. We pulled our kid out.

Posted May 12, 2012
We had high hopes for the Amigos School & were extremely disappointed. One day a parent came up to me apologizing for her sons participation in a situation that had occurred four days prior. I had no idea what she was talking about. She told me that her son was 1 of 6 kids that had cornered my son during recess and took turns hitting him, taunting him, etc. This parent was surprised we didn't know & suggested that we talk to the principal about it. She herself & 2 other parents had a conversation about the incident with the teacher & principal. When we approached the principal she said she didn't tell us about, but planned on doing so after she completed her "investigation". We talked to our son and asked him about the incident &... he just didn't want to talk about it. I believed I was sending my child to a great school & did not realize I was sending him to an unsafe environment where there is lack of supervision. Things didn't get much better after we called the superintendent of schools. Well... at least the school let us know when two other kids took my child's glasses off his face and threw them into a neighboring homes yard. We pulled him out immediately!!!!

The Amigos School
15 Upton St, Cambridge, MA  02139
Last modified The Amigos School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Amigos School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top