Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We have been very pleased with the warmth of the school environment and our son's education during his time at Amigos thus far. The parent community is also very engaged and I think the common thread of valuing dual-language learning creates a tighter-knit community than I have seen elsewhere. Having to operate in both Spanish and English throughout the day is hard work for the students, and that's a good thing as it adds an additional level of rigor to their educational experience.

Amigos is a really great school. Our kids are learning in Spanish and English and thriving. Teachers genuinely care about what happens in the classrooms. We are friends with many parents and the school community is motivated and involved. The Amigos community school offers amazing afterschool classes including bi-lingual homework help. We feel very lucky that our kids are going to Amigos.

Our son loves going to Amigos every day! The atmosphere is happy and energizing. The school climate is joyful, respectful and supportive. Teachers and other staff work hard on improving things for the students. The teachers love each other and learn from one another. We have met other wonderful families that share our love of learning and belief in social justice. Amigos is a really fun place!

My child has been at Amigos since 2008. She loves going to school. We have had wonderful teachers, and my child has made great friends. She has learned a LOT of Spanish. Her favorite is social studies.. Some highlights have been projects about the Wampanoag tribe, Antarctica, and puppet plays. She loves having reading as homework and Writer's Workshop.

My son is in his second year at Amigos. So far our experience has been amazing. Noelle, the JK teacher is one of the best teachers I've encountered for that age group ever. She builds a strong community among the kids. Every weekend my son would come home asking when he got to go back to school. He's starting to speak some Spanish at home as well. He seems to be having a great year so far as well.

I need to get more information about this school..my granddaughter attends KG there...is there a way to get updates? .

My kids are having a great experience at Amigos. They make friends, learn and enjoy everyday going to school.It is incredible to see them reading and writing in English and Spanish.

My child is on the waiting list at Amigos. We called to request a tour and were treated rudely by the receptionist. She seemed to think that since we hadn't yet gotten in, we didn't have a right to inquire or visit. She also disparaged the kind teacher from another school who recommended we visit. I do hope the rest of the staff has better manners.

My youngest just graduated. They went to this school and (mostly) enjoyed learning Spanish (our family is English speaking). We felt very lucky to have a free public school that is bilingual immersion. The school has to do more to address classroom and playground behavior - but so do all schools. Definitely worth looking at - and getting all your friends to join.

This school was a disaster-- no classroom control, rote learning, disorganized administration. The parent who described this school as "unsafe" was absolutely right. We pulled our kid out.

Last modified The Amigos School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.