K-5 & Ungraded
Canton, MA

Posted December 18, 2013
Great school ahead of its time. Professional staff Awesome teachers. Great parent participation Flashback. Student council. Year book. Play. Camp wing. All great programs.

Posted May 05, 2010
it is an excellent school with great academics and very polite and mannerly children

Posted April 17, 2010

Posted June 01, 2009
We chose to raise our family in Canton because of the wonderful reputation of the school system. To date, we are thrilled wit hthe overall progress that our children have made. Grade k and 1 parents

Posted April 29, 2008
my daughter started this school in september and i actually like all the homework they give, it keeps my child busy. i also think that part of the strategy is to leave the discipline and teaching to the teachers, i found that difficult in the beginning but when i stayed out of the little things she adjusted much quicker. I am wondering why the MCAS scores are a 8 and they use to be a 9 or 10. They divided the math classes up so that it will be easier for the students to ask questions. My daughter went from a B- in math to a A, this happened when they divided the classes. There's not alot of good schools out there, and private schools are not always that great.

Lt Peter M Hansen 4

Posted March 24, 2008
Great School systems here in Canton, MA. but the teachers need to slow down on HOMEWORK! My son gets about 1.5-2 Hours of Homework many times. Not fair for the students & parents. That would be the ONLY thing they have to change.

Lt Peter M Hansen 2

Posted November 13, 2007
We moved to Canton in 2000 largely because of the terrific reputation of the school system and the relative affordability for Massachusetts. All started out as planned and each successive year, the school system has been progressively decimated and each attempt at a budget over-ride has been shot down by the town. Bigger classes, lots of substitute teachers, attention to discipline and none to academics. The bottom line is that all of our kids are now in private school and had we to do it over again, there is no chance we would chose Canton. If you are moving from out of state, look elsewhere. The town of Canton took their schools for granted and no they are woefully failing.

Posted August 03, 2007
- a former student
I was a student at the Hansen school just a two months ago. I will need to say that the cafeteria food was that good and was looked like you were in the early 1990's. Most the the teachers were nice, and those people were great accept for a few, not the best grades they give out but kind of fair. Nothing special about it but a godd school for anyone in the Norfolk County.

Posted April 26, 2006
We moved to canton in the yr 2000,my older child started gr 3, ever since she has been a model child with the help of the teachers and principal. I left the teaching completely in the hands of the teachers and she excelled, this year 2006 [my student] was accepted by milton academy for gr 9th, that was the only academy she had applied and specified she was excellent in canton and happy. In 2005 my younger daughter started gr 1 in Canton Hansen school like her sister. As a parent I am overjoyed and proud at both of our daughters achievements and am proud of the canton school system. thanks to great teachers and principal of Hansen and Galvin schools. From dr. And mrs. Chakrabart

Posted February 09, 2004
We moved to Canton in 2002, and are very pleased with the quality education our 3rd grade daughter is receiving at the Hansen. Her education has been individualized to meet her skill sets and needs, and she is showing continuous marked improvement scholastically. Teachers are given the authority to assist in selecting teachers for subsequent years, which helps in assuring a good match for the best possible learning environment.

Lt Peter M Hansen
25 Pecunit St, Canton, MA  02021
Last modified Lt Peter M Hansen is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lt Peter M Hansen Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top