K-4 & Ungraded
Chelmsford, MA

Posted November 09, 2010
Great school, great community feel. Teachers think out of the box to keep students challenged.

Posted July 02, 2010
When my spouse deployed, the staff ,from the principal to the aides, made sure my children had every resource to help them during the adjustment. The Town has a Military Task Force to help deployed service members' families (found on the Town's website under Boards).

Posted April 01, 2010
I never recommend this school.If the family wants to loose their happiness,piece,freedom this is the perfect place to put their child.I don't think anyone need this. Kids has to loose their freedom .They have to be dumb and deaf then only they like .If any kid is active they can't accept that.They are always behind him/her.For each silly thing they will make big issue,they are experts in that.Even if the child did something accidental mistakes they will show that in magnifying glasses and mentally they will torture your child and your whole family.Mentally and physically your family will suffer.Why do you need this torture. 'My child is very active and smart (before joining in this school)' we used to say this to everyone before,but now we are saying 'once upon a time my child was active and smart' .

Byam School 4

Posted February 05, 2010
I've had several communications with the inter-disciplinary staff and the principle regarding my child at the school over the past couple years. The teachers and staff have been wonderful and supportive in our needs and the extra follow up phone call we received from Dr.Gilmore really showed she cared. Teachers and staff present themselves professionally and work hard to benefit the needs of every child.

Posted December 18, 2009
My children were redistricted and sent to the Byam from the Harrington. Initially, I was extremely disappointed, however, we have been there for a couple of years and I now see this change as a wonderful opportunity. My children have developed a love of learning and have consistently excelled. I have been impressed with Dr. Gilmore on several occassions. She sets fair and consistent limits with students and genuinely cares about them.

Posted December 06, 2009
This School is horrible. The Pricipal Mrs. Gilmore never responds to any problems. The Staff is mean and the schools falling apart. I went through heck with this school its ridiculous.

Posted December 04, 2009
Great school. The school authorities care about all people and not just religious bullies and fanatics.

Posted November 18, 2009
Take your kids out of this school and fire dr. Donald yeoman the superintendant and bring back Christmas, . Stand up for your rights people, can't you see what is going on here. If you let these radicals rule you have lost the fight. Taylor

Posted October 03, 2009
The Byam is a great school with lots of people that volunteer, and has a great staff. They work hard at keeping the kids active.

Byam School 1

Posted September 07, 2009

Byam School
25 Maple Rd, Chelmsford, MA  01824
Last modified Byam School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Byam School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top