Bad
Good

Excellent school, teachers and education. My son loves his teachers, and they have a great anti-bullying program, link on their website. 7th grade offers technical engineering classes.

I have taught at several schools in my career, and consider myself fortunate to be at McCarthy. The principal is supportive of the staff, their special needs programs are integrated and well-funded, and the school, students, teachers, administration, and other staff work to achieve a sense of community that can only be created through conscious effort.

i love it here! they make sure if something goes wrong they fix it, and they have a big bullying policy that is actually used. the teachers are very smart and friendly, and the schedule is easy to follow.

I do like going to McCarthy...there are a lot of bullying programs held at our school. I am on the split team as an 8th grader but I can't say that it is a bad thing. My favorite teacher is definitely Mr. Asselin.

Its awsome and I love going there with all the smart teachers especially mrs. Kelly

I have one daughter in the 8th grade and another in the 5th grade. Although we're now on our 3rd principal in 4 years, the school has consistently supported our daughters in their learning and development. The music program has also gone through as many changes, but it is still very good. I agree with the other parent, that Mr. Gallagher, now grade 8 Algebra, is a fantastic math teacher. Also, the guidance department and all teachers work with the whole child, always available to answer parent questions or concerns. A great school with a professional, caring and responsive faculty and staff. Now if they can just fix the heating.

My son is in his 2nd year at McCarthy and he enjoys going there. I like the music program and the extracurricular activities. We attended both his concert and the play he was in. I agree with the other reviewer that the school does need to be updated for air conditioning. The school is beginning to show its age. I feel comfortable sending my child there each day. I met his teachers and like them. The PTO is involved here.

Last modified Mccarthy Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.