Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

1 C teacher was excellent. Knowledgeable and compassionate . Always recognizing the students strength and helping them with their weakness

This school has an excellent reputation in a caring community with an excellent library system.

Excellent school, teachers and education. Great computer and music programs. Chelmsford schools test very high on the MCA's tests.

My son has done very well at this school. Pleased with the school and academics.

The male/female ratio is 14/5. My daughter has a difficult time concentrating due to the" classroom being out of control." She has used the word" embarrassed" to express how she feels when her classroom travels out of the room, as she feels the other classrooms "listen and act respectfully." When forgetting her lunch ticket, I received a telephone call stating that there was no budget to cover her, so I had to leave work to deliver her money. The front desk staff is cold and unfriendly, the children, after coming off the busses in the am have limited/no supervision from staff. My two times in the school during this time, I saw shoving, bullying, crying...it was ridiculous. My daughter has come home with numerous ungraded/marked papers, and the curriculum is disappointing, and homework is not well explained. I am relocating as soon as my child is finished this year. I wish I would have moved elsewh

After budget cuts two years ago we were saddened to here we were being redistriced to South Row. Well, let me tell you.....it was a blessing in disguise and we have found that the school is a hidden gem in a fantastic town. The principal is an active daily pressence in the school with excellent communication. We are proud to be a part of the school and the teachers can not be beat!

Faced with a town vote which effectively slashed funding for the schools, South Row is doing as well as it can. The staff is dedicated and sincere.

My daughter went to Kindergarten there, and I found it to be sub-par. She did not learn basic reading skills, and her kindergarten class was more of a 'lets play' time compared to other Kindergarten classes. Her first grade teacher is excellent and I look forward to a year of her catching up.

My son was and my daughter is a student at South Row. They both enjoy(ed) the time they spend there. I have met with my children's teachers and find them to be caring and knowledgeable individuals. The curriculum is very good and can be challenging on occasion (which is a good thing). I feel the principal looks out for our children in every facet of their education as well as their safety while attending this school. The PTO is involved. The children have the option to play an instrument, participate in a chess club, or attend events held both inside and outside of the school throughout the school year. I am glad both of my children attend(ed) South Row Elementary.

Last modified South Row Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.