George F. Kelly Elementary School 5

Posted August 25, 2014
My child attended the Kelly School last year for the first time. I can't say enough good things about our experience, the Caminos program, and the school leadership. I knew things were going to go well early in the year, when we were sitting down at dinner and my child described how the teacher's goal for was to work on fluency...and then proceeded to give us examples of what they were working on! This sort of thing continued throughout the year and, though my child entered speaking no Spanish, they exited the year on grade level and were actually able to translate for me in limited interactions with clients -- pretty impressive! Special kudos to the teachers, who put in incredible effort over the summer to stop the "summer slide" -- they put on weekly "read with your teacher" events at the library, stayed on top of us with regular calls, and somehow had my child self managing work on a summer-long project. I am convinced that the school has its act together, and am looking forward to the upcoming year.

George F. Kelly Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2010
My children are both in Camino's. English is our first language and the kids find it frustrating when they're in the Spanish class. First Grade is a lot harder because the teacher speaks very limited English to them. I think they need more helpers in the class and or a smaller classroom to get more 1 on 1 attention. Homework is difficult as a parent to understand, nevermind my child. Their homework becomes mine. Mr Howard is a great leader, but we need more help in the classroom for the kids who aren't bilingual.

George F. Kelly Elementary School 0

Posted January 07, 2010
I have recently moved in the Chelsea area. My daughter is a student at the Kelly School, and she loves it. Everyone is so friendly there. However, I am trying to find a afterschool program that is available, and is also affordable. Thank you

George F. Kelly Elementary School 0

Posted June 18, 2008
As a parent, I believe the Kelly school is one of the best if not THE BEST school in Chelsea. Especially because of the Dos Caminos Bilingual Immersion program. Not only does this program give children the opportunity to learn how to speak, read and write in another language but because it is a gifted and talented program it challenges students as well. The 'camino's parents' are also known for being more involved than most other parents.

George F. Kelly Elementary School 4

Posted June 05, 2007
My son has had the opportunity to attend both the after school programs and the summer school programs the school offers. He needed to improve his reading and comprehension skills, and there was no extra time to help him during school hours. Through all this time I have seen the tremendous improvement my son has made, not only on his reading but in all other subjects. His teachers are happy to see how well he s doing. This last quarter for the first time he made Honor Roll and we were so happy and proud of him. I truly believe that my son s hard work and his teachers combined with the summer school and after school programs have made all the difference. My hope now is that my daughter has the same opportunity that my son had to improve her skills with these programs as needed in the future. Thank you for your dedication and support to the Kelly Summer School Program.

George F. Kelly Elementary School 5

Posted September 01, 2003
I have to say Mr. Howard and Mr. Lopez are wonderful leaders for our teachers in the Kelly School. It is nice to see parents, teachers and students get involed in their school, and if they can't help in one area, you know they will be in another. Sometimes you see get the same teachers, parents and students over and over again. I have to say this school is wonderful and I am blessed my two girls attend there.

George F. Kelly Elementary School
300 Crescent Ave, Chelsea, MA  02150
Last modified George F. Kelly Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George F. Kelly Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top