Posted July 01, 2011
I transfered there as a sophomore and liked it so much I cried on the last day in front of everybody :) The kids are really nice and welcoming! My only problem was a few of the teachers teaching skills or lack there of. But besides that, I was really happy there!

Posted December 15, 2009
The new principal is doing a great job bringing school spirit to Holyoke Catholic. The academics challenges the students and definitely prepare them for college. It is a terrific school. I have 2 children attending now and cannot say enough positive things.

Posted December 28, 2008
Holyoke Catholic provided me with an education that allowed me to excel in college. The teachers are extremely caring and the guidance councilors are great at preparing all students. While I attended while it was in Granby (it is now in Chicopee), I can only imagine how great the school is now with the new facilities.

Posted August 28, 2008
My son graduated from Catholic two years ago. I am impressed with the care, service and guidance of counselor, Admissions Direction and Financial Personnel. My son left with many great friends and fond memories of his high school years. As a parent this is pleasing.

Posted August 25, 2008
Despite what other reviewers say, Holyoke Catholic is a very good school. this 2008/2009 semester we are moving to a new facility in Chicopee that has a brand new lab, art room, and music room for our well known A cappella choir. The student body is small, around three hundred students, and the teachers take the time to help students of all levels. The drama club is extremely popular among students, as well as the fall play. Although sports aren't the school's strongest point, the track teams and swimming teams seemingly always dominate.

Holyoke Catholic High School 1

Posted September 19, 2007

Posted September 12, 2007
Both my son and daughter graduated from HCHS. They loved it , in Holyoke and Granby.It is more than a school it is home.It prepared SO WELL for college. I cannot say enough how great that school is.

Holyoke Catholic High School 3

Posted July 16, 2007
Holyoke Catholic was amazing when it was in Holyoke. The leadership was well organized and held just the right pressure on students. The freedoms we were allowed on the open campus forced us to be accountable for our attendence, actions, and education much like a college experience. After the move, most everything changed. The new leadership stifled creativity in favor of complete control. I was very happy to graduate in '04. However, it must be said that most teachers still went above and beyond. If there were a wider range of electives and AP courses, I would feel more confident in rating HCHCS higher than average.

Posted April 30, 2004
- a former student
Holyoke Catholic fostered my education in more ways that I could have asked for. I was a transfer student from a public school and had little background in english or mathematics. I learned writing skills, and math better than I could have asked for. The professors made time for me after school every day for weeks and now I am a senior in college, with a 3.9GPA and I owe it all to the supportive academic atmosphere of Holyoke Catholic.

Holyoke Catholic High School 1

Posted April 11, 2004
- a former student
Horrible, dont ever go to HCHS. It's like catholic bootcamp. No freedoms, little respect, your opinions are always wrong if not agreed with. There is no difference between HCHS and a public high school, except the price. Once a teacher dissaproves of you, your stuck in a rut and you cannot change it. HCHS has no science labs, so my science class consisted of watching movies such as CaddyShack and Billy Madison, by the way I am not complaining about that, just thought my tuition money should be going to something more educational. I do not reccommend HCHS, and I am not a parent, I am a student from the class of '03.

Holyoke Catholic High School
134 Springfield Street, Chicopee, MA  01013
Last modified Holyoke Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Holyoke Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top