9-12|Private

Bad
Good

A year or two ago I would have given HCHS a 5 star rating. I transferred from a bad public school experience in sophomore year, and the school was a wonderful place for two years. I am currently a senior, and I can honestly say this has been one of my worst school years. With the arrival and quick departure of a largely incompetent new principal, the departure of several of the best teachers, and my experience with one especially abusive teacher, I dread to enter this place every morning. This is not a grade-based complaint, I have obtained an honors level GPA, and I was accepted to my top college. Truly I am sorry I can't recommend this school as it was once so nice, but it is not a healthy learning environment anymore.

I transfered there as a sophomore and liked it so much I cried on the last day in front of everybody :) The kids are really nice and welcoming! My only problem was a few of the teachers teaching skills or lack there of. But besides that, I was really happy there!

The new principal is doing a great job bringing school spirit to Holyoke Catholic. The academics challenges the students and definitely prepare them for college. It is a terrific school. I have 2 children attending now and cannot say enough positive things.

Holyoke Catholic provided me with an education that allowed me to excel in college. The teachers are extremely caring and the guidance councilors are great at preparing all students. While I attended while it was in Granby (it is now in Chicopee), I can only imagine how great the school is now with the new facilities.

My son graduated from Catholic two years ago. I am impressed with the care, service and guidance of counselor, Admissions Direction and Financial Personnel. My son left with many great friends and fond memories of his high school years. As a parent this is pleasing.

Despite what other reviewers say, Holyoke Catholic is a very good school. this 2008/2009 semester we are moving to a new facility in Chicopee that has a brand new lab, art room, and music room for our well known A cappella choir. The student body is small, around three hundred students, and the teachers take the time to help students of all levels. The drama club is extremely popular among students, as well as the fall play. Although sports aren't the school's strongest point, the track teams and swimming teams seemingly always dominate.

Both my son and daughter graduated from HCHS. They loved it , in Holyoke and Granby.It is more than a school it is home.It prepared SO WELL for college. I cannot say enough how great that school is.

Holyoke Catholic was amazing when it was in Holyoke. The leadership was well organized and held just the right pressure on students. The freedoms we were allowed on the open campus forced us to be accountable for our attendence, actions, and education much like a college experience. After the move, most everything changed. The new leadership stifled creativity in favor of complete control. I was very happy to graduate in '04. However, it must be said that most teachers still went above and beyond. If there were a wider range of electives and AP courses, I would feel more confident in rating HCHCS higher than average.

Last modified Holyoke Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12