PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Almost 8 years ago I graduated from St. Stans. I come from a family who had multiple generations attend, including my younger sister and I. Looking back, St. Stans gave me the solid academic foundation to help me achieve my goals. While there I learned the importance of always making time for studies and putting in 100% to every project, every assignment. The teachers instilled accountability and understanding that everything we did, from our grades and homework to how we behaved and treated others, was a direct reflection of our character. We were encouraged to always treat everyone with respect, especially ourselves, and consequences to actions were always upheld (good and bad). Not every student understands that or the rules and boundaries that were set, but when reflecting back I couldnt have been in a better school. They valued good work ethic, compassion, leadership, honesty, respect, and fostered it in a faith-environment based. A diverse education was offered (science/math/social studies/english/religion/arts/PE/computer) and many of the teachers had been there for years and had a wealth of experience. I made lifelong friends and I was set up for success and to reach my greatest potential. I graduated top 10 in my high school class taking all honors and Advanced Placement courses, was a National Honor Society officer, received an academic college scholarship, graduated Valedictorian of my Nursing Class, and am now a Registered Nurse at a large hospital. I have plans to absolutely go back to school and pursue a higher degree. My younger sister is just as successful in her academics, as well as all of my friends who I graduated with. I will always look back at my time there fondly, knowing how much it helped me get to where I am today. From other reviews, it appears that St. Stans is still sticking to their core values, and I couldnt be prouder to have gone there.

Recently, my son graduated from the school. My son had a academic history of average. He really struggles in content rich subjects. The teachers cared about his progress. They helped change his thinking. He was challenged in a good way. Next year in high school he is taking all honors courses at a private school. His core values are very strong. My son has goals for himself. He pushes himself to do better. He was not always that way. I noticed a huge change in him when switched from another catholic school to this one when he was in fourth grade. Yes, it take some getting used to but in the end it was worth it in the end. On my son's day of graduation, my son hugged me and thanked me for sending him to St. Stanislaus. He was aware of the great change he had made while being at St. Stanislaus. He acknowledged he was a better student and person for simply being there. He said he would not have gotten it at his old school in Springfield. This speaks volumes about the school. The principals were great. The teachers were great. The students were diverse but great to be with.

This school provides an environment for children to grow into their potential. Respect and integrity are modeled by teachers and staff, students are expected to demonstrate the same. Graduates of St. Stan's are the honors students in high school who go on to reflect the school in a very postivie light. Our children are third generation students at this school and we have the opportunity to send our children to any private school in this region. We would choose St. Stan's again without any hesitation,

I am so glad I removed my child from this school. Military lifestyle was NOT for him. He never felt accomplished. He never got the praise he needed to grow. NOW.. he loves to work on learning even after school. I"m so relieved this princple gave up on my child. It was the push I needed to understand good education doesn't stop with St.Stan. My child received so much more leaving St.Stans.

I have a child there and I couldn't be happier. The education standard is very high and it should be. I've never seen a child ignored because he wasn't smart enough, that's absurd. The facility is top-notch, clean and modern. 7/10 sounds like a transfer student from another school where the standards weren't very high.

I currently have two children enrolled, I feel the school is a good fit for one, however if your child has any kind, even slight, learning curve, this is not the school for them. I don't feel they have the resources or desire to address those needs. Their emphasis is more on the above average student not the 'average' student. I also have witnessed negative reinforcement more often than positive. I would like to see the music and art programs more detailed. I do feel extremely comfortable with my children's safety.

Last modified St Stanislaus Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8