Posted August 22, 2014
I am beyond shocked at the previous comment about teachers being cruel at this school. I have three children who attend here, and all started in PK. my kids are good kids, but certainly far from perfect. any issues (though few) were address with kindness and professionalism by the teachers in a timely manner. yes, they are firm, which is one reason I send my kids to a catholic school, but NEVER once has there been a hint of unfairness or meanness. I would highly recommend this school to anyone!

St Joan Of Arc School 1

Posted March 18, 2014
The teachers are judgemental they have been very cruel to my 5 year old son. Never have anything nice to say and are very critical. They most certainty play favortism. They claim my son to be menace I asked the to communicate with me And if he acted out in an extreme manner to send home a note so I can deal with it kn my end as well. they replied we have to many kids we don't have time to send home notes. As well as I learned from my 5yr old he got kicked in the head while he was laying on the ground this is something you would think the teachers would inform you off at pick up but no when I asked they said well he's ok isn't he. I'm totally outraged by this school and recommend that any parent looking to send there kid to a private or catholic school to look else where.

Posted March 17, 2013
This is a very warm, welcoming school. The teachers are qualified, concerned and involved with their students. The atmosphere is positive and seems very student centered. The academics are excellent with every student encouraged to continually reach their personal best. This school provides a safe environment where a child can develop, grow and learn.

Posted February 02, 2013
Please note how old the other reviews are. It's 2013 now, St. Joan of Arc is going strong, and is a really positive place to learn, grow, and teach! The children are treated respectfully and as individuals, the standards are set high and kids achieve and feel great, and the focus is always on what is best for the children. Not the teachers, not the parents, the children. There are lots of after school activities offered, and most of all, God is able to be present at all times in our school! Come meet Him in the students, teachers, administrators, and staff!

Posted August 12, 2010
St. Joan has a strong academic curriculum and lots of extra activities. Would like to see more parents has noon parents Ms. Jenkins in not Miss Lemieux and doesn't try to be. She is trying to get our kids excited and interesting. The long term teachers are fabulous. I have had kids there for a long time and we still think it is the best school for us. The teachers all follow the kids until they graduate. PS - It is the best technology elementary school it Chicopee.

Posted July 12, 2010
My daughter has been attending this school for two years. She enjoys it very much. She is a straight A student and self motivated because the teachers and atmosphere of the school makes her happy!!! She loves the challenge of it's academic pograms. She also loves to learn the history of religion. She can't wait to attend her next school year there! I hope more parents will become involved with the school so they'll know what kind of teachers and students are there.

St Joan Of Arc School 4

Posted May 12, 2010
Not to happy with the school right now. My son was kicked in his private area by someone and I was not notified by anyone from the school. My child told me what happened and I don't feel that should have happened that way. With all the bullying media, I should have been notified about this matter. I believe that the school should be holding informational classes about bullying and what will or will not be tolerated. Kids today need to be taught early on that putting their hands on other children is not acceptable nor will it be tolerated. Principal Jenkins, step it up !

St Joan Of Arc School 0

Posted October 23, 2009
This is a Great School full of Happy Children! As with every school, nothing is perfect. Unfortunately, a few of the negative reviews are by a FEW disgruntled parents and maybe former employees. Come and See for yourself. Don't believe the negative, look at the test scores, talk to the kids. Before school programs, after school programs, drama club, choir, chess club and more! There are many activities for kids.

St Joan Of Arc School 1

Posted September 12, 2009

St Joan Of Arc School 0

Posted September 03, 2009
As a concerned grand parent I wish people would stop complaining and help to do something about it, work the school yard be a noon mother. It is a big job to be a principle. This principle is very compassionate and takes the time to help children when they need it. There is only one of her and a lot of work. It was her first year so she had to get acclamated. I work very close with the Catholic School System and I think St joan is one of the best around. So get off your duff and volunteer and stop complaining.

St Joan Of Arc School