Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Over all I feel like the principal protects his teachers more than he protects his student.. (Personal experience.)..

Amount of homework: Disagree

My child comes home with 3 sometimes 4 Hw's in a day. There was once she even bought home a homework requiring her to write a story... She barely just learned how to write her name.

I expected more from this school. My brothers were students in the old building about a decade ago, and not much has changed since they were there. Some of the first grade teachers are the rudest I have seen. The children are expected to spend the day in complete silence. There is no motivation! These teachers really look like they hate their jobs. The principal, Mr. Karlin, is an ok principal... But he protects his teachers more than the children, and at times that can be frustrating for the parents. I have to say that my favorite staff person is Nurse Kathy! This woman does not fool around. She calls every time my child goes to her, no matter what it is, and keeps me informed. She is very proactive. The activities, and concerts at the school are also a big disappointment! Coming from schools in Puerto Rico, where a concert is a huge production, the concerts in this school are the same year after year. Same songs, same set up... blah blah boring! They should put more effort in the arts. Give Mr. Fassa more funds for his music program! Shout out to the ladies in the front office, who are always very nice and polite! Mrs. Barry who is THE BEST teacher should also get a raise...

My daughter has been a student here since 2012. I can honestly said that the teacher are amazing and they take pride in their school. My daughter has one more year at Belcher and I'm uncertain what school will she be attending that she's going to feel comfortable with.

My daughter attended kindergarten here in 2011-2012. The teachers in all 4 classrooms were amazing and they interacted socially and academically which I loved. The only reason I deducted a star is that after 2nd grade the students go to a new school unlike the rest of the schools in chicopee. There was always much to offer for school events and many parents involved.

Love Mr. Ferris some of the teachers could have a little more paitens but over all great school

Kindergarten and first grade were very strict, but when my son got to 2nd grade, he had the best teacher (Ms. Barree) who gave my son the attention he required and the ability to be himself. Mr. Ferris is a very fair principle and is good with the kids.

Both of my children attended Belcher. My daughter is doing her last year (2nd grade) and loves it. My husband and I think the faculty do a great job and when a problem or child needs special attention (reading/counseling,etc) they are right on top of it. I wish they did up to 5th grade.

Last modified Belcher is a Public school that serves grades K-2