Bad
Good

Bowe 4

Posted January 31, 2014
I was unsure of this school from the reviews, and I called the main office in Chicopee to try and get my two boys into a different school. They told me that the new principal started this year, and was transferred in from the highest performing school. That made me feel much better, and so far the school has been great. The old reviews really are not correct anymore.

Bowe 3

Posted October 25, 2012
My son loves the school but I can't stand the principle he is rude and on top of that they let my 1st grader out of school the other day with on one there to pick him up my car had broke down thanks to another mother she saw him walking and she took him back in to the school til I got there and I had called to let them know I was running later so thanks to the other mom my son was safe

Posted June 11, 2009
I am very unhappy with this school and especially with the principal. He is uncaring, uncooperative and could care less if your child is progressing at their current grade level. He will pass them to the next grade level and tell you they are doing well when it is obvious they are not. The teachers will try to do what is right but Mr. Karlin will stop them from helping the struggling student. **Warning** if you are thinking about sending your child to this school! I will be pulling my child out of this underperforming school!

Bowe 5

Posted December 30, 2008
I couldn't be happier with this school. They offer a myriad of programs for all students. The innovative administrative team has worked hard to put together an innovative extended day program. My children love the staff at Bowe School. Yay.

Posted August 28, 2008
If your child is a peer then they will succeed in this school, but look out if they have a learning disability. They seem to do as little as possible to help the kids that need some extra support.

Posted November 29, 2007
The teachers try hard but have limited resources to work with. I am taking my child out of this school, as I am so disappointed with it.

Posted July 19, 2007
Principal hides in his office all day. Teachers do what they want. Uncaring,unproductive,unhealthy environment for children. Lowest test scores in the city. Do not put your kids in this 'school'.

Posted April 08, 2007
This school is so focused on reading that they ignore the mathematical needs and science portions of a well rounded education. They offer no sports or art. Parents seem to be uninvolved as reflected by the PTO turnout each month

115 Hampden Street, Chicopee, MA  01013
Last modified Bowe is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.