Chicopee, MA

Posted April 07, 2014
My son is in the 7th grade. Yes the school is a little strict. But the kids need to prepare for high school. He comes home mad a lot but I know the the teachers do because they care. I explain to my son on a regular basis that teachers do not get paid what they should. It is not a field they go in to for money. They do it I believe as they would like to see the future of our kids know what they are doing. Teachers never get the recognition they deserve. Fairview Veternans Middle School has been great for my child. Some things he doesn't like and I think it is because of his age. We lived in another town our whole lives, 2 years ago I decided to make some changes. I am so glad I chose Chicopee. I would recommend Fairview to anyone.

Posted March 25, 2013
this school is good!!!Some kids need to use deodorant. Other than that the school is pretty good!!!!! Someone wrote something bad on the wall

Fairview Middle School 4

Posted November 12, 2009
I think its great that the teams eat lunch separetly because the students from one team attack the other. It makes the school a safer place for the student to be! If you dont like how strict the princible is get over it! All your doing is allowing your child to be a brat. There is plenty of time for socializing after class and after school! Maybe with the new Princible the grades will pick up and reach where they are suppose to be. Also maybe it will give the students a better future in High School when they have learned to focus on their Academics and not the drama of every day middle school life and jealosy. Get over it, its better this way if you dont like it send them to Bellamy where they will become punks with no disapline or structure!

Fairview Middle School 4

Posted September 29, 2009
I feel that this school is more strict than usual. Besides that this school is awesome. The teachers are really nice and cool. I think the best thing of this school is the after school programs. Like the plays they have are amazing. I was in Back To the 80's last year (2008-2009) It was such a great experience . I had so much fun and the show went smooth! :)

Fairview Middle School 3

Posted July 25, 2009
My daughter complains about how strict the principal is. She's going into 8th grade for the 2009-2010 year and I've seen how the old principal runs the school. It's alot better than the new one. I agree with my daughter about the strict principal. I, for one, beleive that even though school focuses on the students learning the work material, they should also be learning social skills as they get older, and the new principal is giving them less of that. I think they should atleast let the two teams eat lunch together, to get to know others more and let the kids have more fun.

Posted June 25, 2007
This school is driven by the MCAS test. The principal is very strict and stern with the students.. However, there are still very good teachers there. They all know their material and they teach it well. I would send my children to this school.

Fairview Middle School
26 Memorial Avenue, Chicopee, MA  01020
Last modified Fairview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairview Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top