Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I fell for the numbers and ratings of this school..however I found out from the higher ups how they dismiss a lot of things in order to keep their ratings up. .that claim that there are no fights yet shool children claim that there are fights every day and teachers just walk away. Supposedly they have a strict bullying code..which means absolutely nothing. They sweep allot of things under the rug, and when u ask about the situation they claim not to be able to go into detail but assure u actions have been taken. .when in actuality they just dismiss it. This is because they can't afford to lose any children from Springfield which makes up 65% of the school because they would not qualify for the grants. So sad because the school curriculum offers so much but the children are our of control!

Hampden Charter School of Science deserves the five stars. Here is why. 1. HCSS serves the students from Chicopee, Ludlow, Springfield, and West Springfield. 2. Low Income Population: 71% 3. HCSS is a Level 1 (top level) with the proven provider school status in the state of MA. 4. HCSS has been ranked #1 in Math and #2 in ELA in the state of MA based on student growth percentile (SGP) in 2015 10th grade MCAS results. 5. HCSS was ranked #1 in the state of Massachusetts based 2014 10th grade MCAS results.(Both proficiency rates and median student growth percentile) 6. HCSS got 100% of four-year college acceptance first, second, and third graduating classes.

I love this school! I am in 6 th grade and all the teachers are all supportive and make sure you are doing successfully. I was mostly into math and not that much into science but now I really am I have a 94 in science when it was usually a 90 and my math is a 99 also we get to check our grades whenever and see what our homework is online. This school is into technology a lot. They try to challenge you and I have seen other students who are struggling with the challenge, they aren't struggling for a long time because a teacher will help them right away. This school also has after school programs for everyone I am in science Olympiad and I used to be in volleyball but then it had to stop. They also have cheerleading, math club, and robotics. There's much more other than that. This school is also really in top of things. I love this school and I know great things will happen at this school for me.

HCSS is a good school. Small class sizes, accelerated instruction, safe environment, strong discipline, full time college councilor, and some very good teachers are the reason why we sent our children to this school and why they have succeeded.

Great School!!!!! My Child graduated there last year. Today she is a college student studying to become a Physicians Assistant at a private four year college. I highly recommend the school to any parent looking for structure,respect,safety and most of all great education

This school is extraordinary. The education is amazing. The teachers really go one one one with the kids. MCAS scores are AMAZING! My child went from needs improvement in a public school to advanced in this charter school. I highly recommend this school!

This school is absolutely amazing, the teachers really care, and the advanced curriculum allows for students to catch up with their global peers.

Last modified Hampden Charter School Of Science is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.