PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

NBS used to be the premier girls school but has gone steadily downhill in recent years. There has been a huge turnover. Every years we hear of students leaving prematurely and a large majority of the best teachers and staff. Many of the incoming teachers are young and inexperienced. It isn't really clear what the kids are actually learning. The math program is notoriously weak and the kids spend a lot of time every day in "specials" that are positioned as enrichment but that may in reality be leaving large gaps in their education. There are many documented cases of bad behavior and bullying. The administration soft-shoe around real issues and opportunities to build the character of the student body they profess to be shaping. Communication between the administration and parents is poor and concerning. There are still some great teachers at NBS, giving it their all, but it just isn't the same school it was when my children started. The administration has a clear agenda to reach far and wide to diversify the school demographic so know that if you send your kids here, the trustees constantly ask for large donations from its full-tuition parents. We're leaving this year, but NBS is not the school it was when my family started years ago.

I am hoping by seeing these positive reviews that Nashoba has changed over the years. I attended Nashoba from preschool 1-8th grade. The severe bullying that I experienced in the upper school has had a long lasting negative effect on my life and well being. It was disappointing that the teachers not only ignored the bullying, but contributed to it.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Because of my learning disabilities I was disrespected and put down. The teachers made me feel dumb, and my 7th grade teacher compared me to my classmates calling my a poor student.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The upper school teachers bullied me on a regular basis. There were many days I stayed home from school out of fear.

Nashoba Brooks is the premier school in the Concord area for elementary and middle school education. It has a close knit community that is rare among private schools. My kid s confidence has increased greatly during their time at NBS because they are recognized and valued within the community. The students are moved forward from wherever their skills are - so my kids have never been bored at school. The teacher-parent partnership is real and successful. We also really like the benefits of an all girls middle school environment. I am happy to highly recommend Nashoba Brooks School.

Nashoba Brooks School has been an amazing experience. My daughter started in 2nd grade and is just now finishing up her 8th grade year. At all levels, the faculty has been incredibly enthusiastic and helped my daughter to develop confidence and skills that will perpare her well where ever she goes to school next year. We will miss Nashoba Brooks.

I have sent three very different children to Nashoba Brooks - two boys and a girl - and they all adore it. As a parent, I think the teachers are incredible, the small size allows nimble classroom progression, and the school is invested in character education. All of these factors have made it a terrific place for my kids to develop.

Class sizes are small and there is a warm, community atomosphere. Everyone knows my kids and knows how they're doing.

Last modified Nashoba Brooks School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8