9-12 & Ungraded
Concord, MA

Posted May 26, 2014
my school is the worst school ever because they forgot to change the Last day of classes for seniors from june,6, 2014 to may, 22, 2014 Just like at Lincoln Sudbury Regional High School

Posted November 18, 2010
I am a college student who attended CCHS for all four year of high school and frankly I have to say that I am quite surprised by some of the negative comments on here. Sure, it was far from perfect and I could nitpick all day if I wanted to. However, the quality of the education and the fantastic faculty here has provided me with an extremely solid foundation on which to continue building on now that I am in college. I have even found that I already knew a good amount of the material for a number of freshman college classes that I took. Results matter and CCHS provides if you are willing to work for it.

Concord Carlisle High School 0

Posted October 22, 2009
Great Teachers! Great activities

Concord Carlisle High School 0

Posted October 22, 2009
The teachers are extremely responsive to the needs of the students and to parent requests. The students are engaged academically and socially through their coursework and extracurricular activities. Like most high schools of its size, CCHS provides outstanding opportunities for competition in sports, from XC running and wrestling to football and soccer; however, it also provides opportunities for political involvement in the Student Senate, Model UN, and Junior State, and provides opportunities for artistic expression in its raft of musical groups, radio station, and visual arts clubs.

Concord Carlisle High School 5

Posted October 19, 2009

Posted June 10, 2009
All in all I like CCHS, the only problem I have had so far is how difficult it is to deal with some of the faculty. The education is wonderful, but when I tried to switch out of an english class into another one that met at the same time it was way too much trouble.

Posted March 30, 2009
I find the negative comments distressing.As a graduate and town resident I find the negative comments to actually be positive.I hope the school does not change in these respects

Posted November 07, 2008
Both my daughter and I graduated from Concord-Carlisle, and the small town, insulated mentality of many key personnel, coupled with a parent population that frequently believes that their children are not entitled but can do no wrong, makes for a very parochial, homogeneously static, and troubling environment. Academics, higher order, critical thinking skills, and truly inclusive sociocultural attitudes and practices were in greater evidence at this institution 30 years ago.

Posted October 01, 2008
In spite of the CC administration's insistence that it's providing a great education for its students, I don't really see all that much evidence of this. Although the math and science programs are both pretty good, the English education they offer is totally lacking. Not only are there no levels in the humanities classes (as compared to 5 levels in math, and 3 in science) but the teachers are all so consumed with being politically correct they don't actually spend any time on their subject. Also the school could definitely use some integration and outside influences--I moved from a city and the most noticeable thing upopn arriving here was the total absence of diversity and originality among the student body.

Posted September 10, 2008
Our daughter graduated from CCHS and it has a lot of great attributes including dedicated teachers, bright and talented students, and a tradition of excellence. However, there is a sense of affluent suburban entitlement that really sticks out to a family that moved from an urban environment, and which keeps students (and parents) from reaching out and engaging the world outside Concord. The town has done barely more than level-funding in the last few years and the school has had to charge fees for some activities that were provided until recently, and drop others. Overall, though CCHS is a great school. Our daughter made some great friends there and was well prepared for college and life.

Concord Carlisle High School
500 Walden St, Concord, MA  01742
Last modified Concord Carlisle High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Concord Carlisle High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top