Dartmouth, MA

Posted March 10, 2014
I love DeMello and Cushman schools! Great teachers, great kids all nestled in this great school.

Joseph Demello 1

Posted March 31, 2012
I found many of my child's teachers to be over reliant on keeping children back. I couldn't believe how many children were kept back who were actually passing students just to raise MCAS scores. They don't have a good inschool tutor to help children who are behind and the class size seems overwhelming for many of the teachers. The principal is head of two school and barely moderates one. I am a very proactive parent and if I wasn't my child would have slipped through the cracks thanks to this school. Very disappointing and the reason we're moving out of the district.

Posted October 20, 2010
Out of all of the public elementary schools in Dartmouth, this is by far the smallest with much more individualized attention per student.

Joseph Demello 2

Posted April 17, 2010
The teachers here who actually help kids with questions and don't yell it to them are very narrow. I'm not saying all of them are tough, there are a few God-sent teachers in the school. At lunch they yell to the kids to give them '5'. Omg, let them eat their lunches. its the only time they get to talk and they act like they are in boot camp! The nurse, office, and principal all im going to say is id rate them at two star out of five. One good thing the school does is go on fun field trips and pay theater groups to come to the school and put on plays for the kids. I hope the school improves a lot more than when I visited it.

Joseph Demello 1

Posted November 22, 2008
They are looking to move the special education students out of the school which is a loss for the students and the entire school. This is why I voted unsatisfacory. As a parent of a child with handicapps I think they should be allowed to stay in their school not be shipped out.

Joseph Demello 4

Posted May 17, 2007
Education is fun and the kids love learning at this school. The teachers are great here and are very involved with the parents. Sports and art are a big part of the school also including field day. Parents seem to be very involved.

Posted December 22, 2004
The school have 3 teachers in each grade exsept kindergardan the niced teachers in the world. the best teacher in the school is 4th grade teacher Mrs. Correia.

Joseph Demello
654 Dartmouth Street, Dartmouth, MA  02748
Last modified Joseph Demello is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joseph Demello Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top