7-12 & Ungraded
Dorchester, MA

Boston Latin Academy 1

Posted November 16, 2014
I go to this school now. This school is just so bad. They always ask for money when you get your report card. They send the money on things they dont need like paper trays for food.... like really. Plus no one listens to you. Only the honor roll we give reward to only the honor roll. When other kids in the school do their best and try their hardest and only the honor roll people get stuff. They get to have a voice while us just one point and i could have gotten an honor roll are not good enough. Don't go to this school it is bad no one likes it. There is so much stress. People throw food at you when you get out of the lunch room, stick gum in your hair, laugh at you if you walk funny, and ugh this school is just so annoying. They expect so much from you. Some of the teachers aren't that bad. But everyone else are just a bunch of ughhh cant write this without a swear. The school is just bad dont go there no one cares about you in this school.

Boston Latin Academy 2

Posted April 09, 2013
I went here in from 9th grade in 2003 to graduation in 2007. Most of the staff, administration, and many teachers could not care less about you a human being. There none of them understood that life outside the school walls like family and work affected your performance in school. Guidance counselors included were of no support. Many a times when students in math class would have a question about the material, the teacher would respond "it's in the book." How funny, because I read the book, and now I have a question. The book is not getting paid a salary to teach. Thanks for nutritious honey buns for breakfast every morning, and the vitamin packed pizza and dry tater tots every lunch. Thank goodness the school is right next to McDonalds for an even healthier alternative. The staff must look at the student as a whole, speak with them one on one, guidance counselors and teachers alike. Teachers need to teach, not just relay info and mark whether it was regurgitated back properly. Guidance counselors should guide, actually help each grade instead of popping up just at the end of senior year. The one positive change was implementing the rotating schedule and activities period.

Boston Latin Academy 1

Posted April 06, 2013
Really this school is just a wannabe of Boston Latin School. It does not specialise in anything in particular ( Boston Latin School specialises in humanities and The O'Bryant specialises in Math and Science). Kids here do not seem to be motivated by anything. You'll be lucky to get into Umass Amherst If you go here. Teachers are okay and Administration sucks. Thank god I transfered out of this school to O'Bryant I can say that I am happy now that I will be attending Harvard next semester.

Boston Latin Academy 3

Posted February 27, 2011
I am a senior here and I know that our school would be a lot better if they stopped dumbing down the exam test and had FEDERAL FUNDING. It is hard to be happy at a school that doesnt have cetain sports, and cannot afford to get new books or buy a printer that does not give teachers problem every week. It is also hard for a teacher when the education system itself is changing into something worse than it already was. And to make matters worse, the government is having budget cuts towards education again.

Boston Latin Academy 4

Posted November 01, 2010
BLA has some great teachers but administration is bad

Boston Latin Academy 2

Posted October 22, 2010
i go to this school now and i hate it. we don't have any paper most of the times. we also don't have toilet paper. i would not recommend this school. i honestly want to leave it because i do not like the sports there or the education.

Boston Latin Academy 5

Posted May 12, 2010

Boston Latin Academy 0

Posted April 20, 2010
My grandson attend there and has done exceptionally well. It's is an excellent academic school particular for math and science.

Boston Latin Academy 4

Posted March 18, 2010
Boston Latin Academy gives a lot of support to its students. Many teachers and students help each other out and the curriculum is based on the classics and Latin. However, there are some students who can't take the challenge and there are some teachers who give no support at all. Overall the school is a great school but some students and teachers slack off.

Boston Latin Academy 5

Posted January 31, 2010
Great school! I am currently a seinor and although I dreaded going to school daily, doing homework daily, it worked out for THE BEST! I have challenged myself in and out of school, met great people, and learned to push myself out of my comfort zone. This school is SO diverse, it's great! After being here for 6 years, I have been given/seeked for so many opportunities at BLA. I even job shadowed an employer at IBM through BLA's PIC office and applied for an internship with IBM over the summer. There are many activities that I have found through BLA that helped to enlighten and shape who I am today. I'm sure with the motivation to perservere and the knowledge given by a range of teachers, this experience at a college-prep school will definately prepare me!

Boston Latin Academy
205 Townsend St, Dorchester, MA  02121
Last modified Boston Latin Academy is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boston Latin Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top