No rating

Tech Boston Academy

Public | 6-12

Posted August 19, 2013

My school is... Great, the education that they provide for me as a freshman student is the Best i have received in the city of Boston MA, and Norwood, MA. The teachers and every staff member is very enthusiastic with the students and show them and the parents the respect... They treat you as if you where a family member, they do not accept the term "I Can't". They truly follow the Quote for the school "We Rise And Fall Together"... The principal is also very nice, and profound about what he says to each student. When he speaks to me and all the students in the school, he does it in a way... It gets in your mind, he gives a very profound speech each and every time... Me working along side with him, fighting for more student voice in the school and outside of school for the district... I mean, President Barack Obama didn't come to our school for nothing.

Posted May 22, 2012

I attended TechBoston Academy (TBA) for four years and graduated in 2007. As a student, I was given a laptop with numerous software to complete assignments for classes over the years. Our laptops were flooded with so much programs that it was almost impossible to navigate their our work without a memory failure causing us to lose work frequently. During my years at TBA, I had over ten "missing" laptop batteries causing me to be behind my assignments. The staff at TBA would take a little over three weeks to replace my batteries for my laptop which was required to complete assignments. Some software were hundreds of dollars so I had no way to pay for them and do my classwork and homework that I would not be able to do in school because of this situation. The principals and teachers did not care much for my problem and I ended up staying after school everyday for the allowed time (around an hour) to complete eight hours of school work and homework assignments. As for the previous review about favoritism, I agree. with the poster. I had some friends during senior year pass their finals who never taken the tests because a teacher "believed" they knew all the answers.

Posted July 19, 2011

I do believe this is a GREAT school. I however have a problem with some favortism towards students who they feel is so great. All children, all colors, and grade level should be treated equal. In my eyes I thought well behaved and hard working students are all GREAT students.I don't think staff should look the otherway and reward in many ways ill mannered students and students who harass other people.Bullying is high and ignored in this school and some staff has spoken up others look the other way.I would like to be able to speak up for my children without backlash for them. Also, when parents write staff they should respond.If these matters that I mentioned get resolved, this school would be five instead of three stars

Posted July 15, 2011

This school sucks. bad learning environment, teachers who picks favorites and ignore the rest. There's so much to say but I wouldn't want to spend 8 hours writing about all the flaws with this school.

Posted October 4, 2009

There are many things I love about working at TechBoston Academy, but I think my favorite part of my work is being able to watch my students learn.

Posted October 4, 2009

They have the best teachers!!!

Posted October 3, 2009

TechBoston is a promise to students that success is a reality. Creativity, social activism, individualized learning, and interdisciplinary studies all allow students access to uncovering knowledge and embracing their roles as scholars. Students access learning through technology, and honestly end up teaching the teachers. They embrace their love for technology and they are given content for which to apply it. Every student can succeed and for that, I love being there.

Posted October 3, 2009

It is a place where students know education is key and that they are supported in a caring environment; that no one is going to give up on them!! Go TBA!!

The caring, nurturing community

Posted October 3, 2009

great teachers.....highly qualified...wish it had its own athletic teams and didnt share with another school

Posted October 3, 2009

It's a strong community that encourages excellence in both its student body and faculty. Each teacher brings strengths and unique talents to bring out the best in each of our students. With a strong personal touch, teachers and students unite to reach high standards so that our students can succeed and excel

Posted August 29, 2009

Good model, principles, core of a pilot school. Dedicated teachers. Wish it focus more on actual college preparatory while I was there. TBA alumnus

Posted October 26, 2008

My daughter is a freshman.I can't believe for the first time she feels safe. The entire staff is helpful and treats everyone as equal.

Posted June 30, 2008

I attend this school and has a great learning enviorment and great teachers!

Posted February 4, 2008

I think TechBoston is a excellent school, they only have 15 students per class so its easier for the kids to learn,they have sports, thet provide all types of ways to use technology,they have extended day to help students with their needs in the academic area,they have great teachers,they have good MCAS scores and they give you scholarships and internships and a summer program, a labtop is provided for every student and it is used through out the rigorus curriculum
—Submitted by a student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Librarian/media specialist(s)
Nurse(s)
School psychologist
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

Staff resources available to students
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • School psychologist
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options