Murphy K-8 School 2

Posted February 06, 2014
The Richard Murphy use to be an excellent school! My son has been attending the school since he entered K2 and is now an 8th grade student at the school. I have to agree with a rating that someone gave the school on Google, the principal now walks around in high heels talking to the kids (some kids) any old kind of way. By experience I know she will call me saying we need to meet because my son this or that, to then have to come out and YES APOLOGIZE because she did not take the time to get a full story before she calls wanting to suspend a student. I have heard my son and a few friends complain about how she speaks to students, yelling in their faces. In regards to Teachers, I must say the majority that I have dealt with throughout the years have been really good, one here and there but overall teachers, location are good. You could walk in the office and the office staff are talking about their personal business and will not greet you and acknowledge you immediately, they finish their personal conversation before one will say, Can I help you?

Posted June 23, 2013
This school is IMPOSSIBLE to get into, especially if you live IN the actual neighborhood. Try to get a seat, but don't expect to get in... unless you live on the other side of Dorchester.

Murphy K-8 School 4

Posted June 05, 2013
This school is great. My son goes there for the 6th grade and all of the teachers are really nice and caring. I would recommend this school to anyone wanting a new elementary school to go to. Go Murphy Thunder! :D

Murphy K-8 School 0

Posted July 25, 2009
I love this school. My stepson's 5th Grade Teacher was so caring and encouraging. She even attended one of his theatre performances. I love the high expectations and the fact that teachers don't give up on their students even the ones with learning disabilities.

Posted June 23, 2009

Murphy K-8 School 0

Posted March 18, 2009
The teachers make that school awesome. They care so much about the students. But the other staff (principal and asst principal) don't care too much.

Posted January 18, 2009

Murphy K-8 School 2

Posted October 20, 2008
Daughter has Add...they provide no tutoring or assistance in any way!!! My sons school goes out of their way to accomodate, sadly the Murphy could care less!

Posted May 12, 2008
This school has a lot of students going to the three exam schools. Both of my daughters are now going to the Boston Latin School and they were in the Murphy from 4th grade to the 6th grade.

Posted February 14, 2008

Murphy K-8 School
1 Worrell St, Dorchester, MA  02122
Last modified Murphy K-8 School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Murphy K-8 School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top