No rating

Dorchester Academy

Public | 9-12

Student diversity

Posted November 5, 2009

This school has its downs but what school doesn't i am attending this school now and i love it ; i get my work done and the teachers are always on point . This school is a different school now but it would always be the Woodrow Wilson to me .
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 5, 2008

This was my favorite school to attend. The teachers were the greatest and Mrs. Bonjorno was the best, plus the creative writting teacher was awsome when I attended that school. I wonder if they still have my creative writting assignment for how we got our last names. (mrs butterworht how much is your butter?)

Posted June 20, 2008

Hi I am the crossing guard down at Dorchester Ave and Mericer St. I just wanted to let you all know that 95% of the young adults I cross are very polite. Yes I will admit that the language they use can be hard and I do ask that they not use it. I also have them thinking about the litter when coming out of the store. I did get they city to put one trash barrel at the bus stop so it is a start. When I tell them to enjoy the day they response with a thank you and then tell me to do the same. I graduated from the 'Woodie' back in the day and have fond memories of the school.

Posted January 16, 2008

I have had a few problems in this school, classmates picking at me for silly reasons. I like my school, I just wish the silliness would stop. Mrs. Gates is a very stern but, I like her very much, as well as all of the other staff.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 7, 2008

I think the Wilson Middle school has come a long way. Although, I feel it still has a way to go as far as safety in and on the outside school grounds. Mrs. Gates does try very hard to things. As we move on to high school I hope to meet peStaff like the past and some present teachers like Mrs. Mellenthine, Mr Lowe Mrs. Young and as always school RN. Mrs. Allukian. We will never forget any of you.EVER!handle things,

Posted June 12, 2006

I think this is the best schoool in the world I do not know why every one say it is a bad school it is not at all I sent my kid to the gavin and I took him out because he was getting picked on my kid never had no promblems at this school this schould be the only school in the world.

Posted December 30, 2005

Beware this school. I worked as a teacher there for a very short time and then resigned due to the school's lack of safety and terrible administration. This school is nothing more than a battleground and should be shut down immediately.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 20, 2005

I've visited the school and am hired as a teacher for the 2005-2006 school year. I'm impressed by the dynamic and committed principal and the climate of community and safety. Overall, the staff is down to earth, highly skilled/ qualified and hold high expectations for all learners.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 26, 2005

i was a former student of this school 23 years ago and i still remember it fondly. at one time it did have a bad reputation for fighting, but it wasn't true. it's a pretty good school, at least when i attended.
—Submitted by a former student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

18 Croftland Avenue