George H. Englesby Intermediate School 1

Posted July 24, 2013
I am disgusted by this school system. My child failed both reading and math and somehow was promoted to 6th grade. There were many times throughout the school year I had tried talking to her teachers about the issues she was having and there solution was to send her to early help which was basically a study period if the child did not come with there own work then they could not come at all. I recently had her evaluated by a private company and she is at a 4th grade reading level but according to them she does not need or is not eligible to be in special ed. My suggestion is if you have a choice send your child somewheres else.

Posted April 15, 2011
this school is amazin im in 5th grade at this school and have mrs cutrumbas and ms morin and there both amazing teachers and amazing people they are very fun they both are funny and another great teacher is ms vigent who is a special edgucation techer but is amazing i love the staff and students the school is amazing

Posted April 12, 2010
This school totally rocks!!!! I love all of the teachers. Mrs. Cutrumbus (grade 5) is the best one!!!

George H. Englesby Intermediate School 0

Posted December 18, 2009
I'm at the englesby Mr. Young Retired from this school Englesby is rather strict and very nice

George H. Englesby Intermediate School 2

Posted July 09, 2008

Posted May 27, 2008
My son is finishing up 5th grade at Englesby and is having a wonderful year. Mr. Young is an exemplary principal. He leads the faculty and student body with enthusiasm, caring, and fairness. We feel that this school is a safe environment for our child. The teachers communicate effectively with the parents with any academic or social concerns. There are plenty of after school clubs to join and school band is enjoyed by many students. A school newsletter, complete with photos, is published monthly to keep us informed. They have special 'fan appreciation days'(Patriots, Red Sox) when the children are encouraged to dress in team gear. Academics are strong and achievement is rewarded (High Honors Breakfast, Student of the Month,etc.) This has been a great experience and we're looking forward to Grade 6.

George H. Englesby Intermediate School 0

Posted May 27, 2008
many problems with this school if u have a child w/ ANY issues. If u have an A-B student who has no attention issues and u are a parent who never asks any questions when your child comes home upset than it may be ok for u. Other than that, the teachers are very offensive. I must say that the vice principal is a very nice woman, very patient and teaching is obviously her passion. As far as some of the others, it's just a job. My son is there right now and we are looking into possibly a charter school. My daughter who is now in Dracut high is an a-b student and never got into any trouble and even she did not like the staff there.

George H. Englesby Intermediate School 1

Posted February 28, 2008
Personally we feel that this school is horrible. The pressure they put on these kids is ridiculous there s more to school than MCAS testing and quite unnecessary to give several hours of homework to this grade level. We've also had much difficulty with communicating effectively with the teachers as they teach in a way they learned out of their college text books rather than from having the natural gift to inspire learning.

Posted March 03, 2007
My daughter is currently a 6 grader now at this school. Without Mr. Young the principal this school would not be half the school it is today. He is all my daughter talks about. He runs a tight ship but he makes it fun and safe for all children. These past two years have been the best school years so far for my daughter. We 'shopped' around a lot before we picked Dracut to settle into and I am so glad we did. If you want a safe and fun middle school for your child this is it! A+

George H. Englesby Intermediate School 3

Posted August 18, 2006
- a former student
I, as a student, hated this school. The teachers were mean, [ and I was a good kid ], the principal treated you like you were a baby, and I couldn't wait to get out of it. The bathrooms are gross, the lunchladies make it clear that you get a reduced lunch for low income families, they do not shoe you any movie about growing up and health. For feild trips, we go to one a year, to an old dusty mill. The people play favourites. If I had a choice, I would go to another school in a heartbeat. However ; the extracurricular activites are nice, and they do have lots of fun things like luaos, activity nights, and after school programs. Overall, I really dont like this school at all. Never go to it.

George H. Englesby Intermediate School
1580 Lakeview Ave, Dracut, MA  01826
Last modified George H. Englesby Intermediate School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George H. Englesby Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top