9-12 & Ungraded
East Sandwich, MA

Posted November 25, 2014
The Sandwich schools offer opportunity and prepare the students for colleges like Harvard, Tufts, William and Mary, Stonehill, Keene State, UConn, Catholic University, BC, BU, Yale, etc. There's also a strong focus on the arts and community! Moving my children from private schools back to the Sandwich public schools proved to be a good decision.

Posted March 22, 2014
Terrible administration. Over paid egos that clearly need to read their own handbook. Bullying? Yes by the admin. Completely unprofessional behavior, again by the admin. It's no wonder the population decreases so much every year. Taking $ yet not completing tasks, it's the same as it was in the 70's. It's no wonder students are fleeing. Time for new blood at SHS! But please take the new AD with you, we don't need anymore ego here!

Posted February 04, 2014
As of 2014 - the building is falling apart. The grounds are an eye sore. The principal and vice principals are horrible people and difficult to deal with. Guidance counselors need to be watched as my husband and assist out kids in class selection ever year - and every year it's not entered correctly. Lazy mistakes !!! The bright spot is the teachers. They have been very supportive and helpful. 64 out of 246 8th grade students opted NOT to attend SHS this year.

Posted December 24, 2013
Sandwich High School has been a great experience for my daughter. The principal has been very supportive and immediately addressed any concerns that I have had regarding my daughter. The coursework is rigorous and my daughter is involved in lots of activities at the school. They score above the state average in MCAS and are in the top 100 high schools in the country. We are pleased that our daughter is attending Sandwich High School and is having a great experience both academically and socially.

Posted September 18, 2013
The school has been outstanding. The advanced placement classes really challenge my son. He has never worked so hard. I like the small class sizes for the most part. Teacher communication has been fair, but we haven't had any problems. The facilities are good and I like the new. STEM Program being implemented for the 7th & 8th grades.

Posted August 24, 2013
I currently have three children in the Sandwich public schools and one who recently graduated. I am very happy with the quality of their education and the wide range of extra curricular opportunities that were offered to them. My kids all loved their elementary teachers at Forestdale every year. And the high school definitely prepared my child for college. Sandwich has a top notch public school system. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Sandwich High School 2

Posted August 30, 2012
Words can't describe how elated I am that my youngest son got into Sturgis Charter School and will no longer have to attend this less than average school. Thankfully, my oldest son is a senior and we will only have to deal with this school system for one more year. There's a reason why 34% of the towns 8th grade class applied at Sturgis. This school system has been in constant decline for many years, what a shame.

Sandwich High School 4

Posted February 11, 2012
Our teens are receiving a very good education at Sandwich High. They are serious about academics!

Sandwich High School 4

Posted February 08, 2012
There is good reason why Sandwich High is one of the top-rated schools in the country. There is now a new superintendent (and a wonderful new track). Earlier comments regarding these needs can be disregarded. Sandwich High is a great place for learning in a great, caring community.

Posted November 29, 2011
Sandwich High School is a DISGRACE!!!! Read the review by "a teacher" here.. Another huge bullying incident involving a "senior" member of the football team, bullying a freshman.. Covered by the Cape Cod Times, and "covered up" by the school administrative staff!!! Years ago, The Cape Cod Times did a front page article on the "MASSIVE" bullying problem at the school, reporting that it "was the worst of all the schools on the Cape". That article was written over 20 YEARS AGO!!!!! Sadly.. nothing about this school has changed much!

Sandwich High School
365 Quaker Mtg Hs Rd, East Sandwich, MA  02537
Last modified Sandwich High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandwich High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top