Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops respect: Agree

Posted January 05, 2016
The culture of our school is very respectful. Both teachers for students and students for teachers.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted January 05, 2016
With emphasis on revision in work and on complex tasks, our students are pushed to apply what they know or what they can do in context. We expect them to return to their work and improve it to show growth in understanding or mastery of skills.

Easthampton High School 5

Posted January 05, 2016
The teachers are a group of highly motivated professionals whose professional development work has been recognized by DESE as a model for the state.

Easthampton High School 5

Posted October 09, 2015
I loved Easthampton High. I participated in a lot of activities, which definitely benefited me. It also allowed me to meet people from lots of different social groups, and I don't mean cliques, I mean genuinely different groups. The school really never seemed clique-y to me at all. The students were nice and there was opportunity to be friends with other grade levels too. Everyone runs into a teacher they don't click with now and then, but in general I found teachers and classes I loved. By the end I had taken 5 APs and 2 online college classes and I ended up in the honors program of a great college, but I have to admit I miss EHS sometimes. It's a great support system. I always felt annoyed that it was underrated, but I think it made a lot of us even prouder of what we did know of it, which is that it's a great place to go. Make the most of it!

Posted November 12, 2013
Despite an outdated negative reputation, we had nothing but positive experiences at EHS and our son is now attending a highly ranked college. Great principal, engaged teachers, and now a brand new building that matches the professionalism of the staff.

Posted November 20, 2008
I too believe Easthampton High is underrated. My first of four just started this year, and the quick responses I have had from teachers has been unbelievable. My son is in some enhanced or advanced classes, and I see he is challenged....he's getting A's by being challenged, whereas in our middle school he was bored out of his mind and getting B's and C's. He's excited about his classes and his teachers. He is also involved in one of the sports and loves participating. I'm looking forward to four good years for him, and a very hopeful future...!

Easthampton High School 3

Posted May 30, 2006
I am currently a student at EHS, and I would agree that it is definitely underrated, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it's issues. Perhaps the largest disappointment is that many teachers have given up on the students. They are no longer shocked or appalled by the mention of students' use of recreational drugs, but accept it with ease. The Easthampton School system makes an honest attempt at giving the students a good education, but I often see little follow-through with numbed and apathetic teachers who no longer enjoy their job because they assume all the children are hopeless, now.

Posted June 06, 2005
I wonder if either of the individuals that posted this message have any clue about what they are talking about. I challenge anyone on this website to find a finer Chemistry program in Massachusetts. The quality of grammar and spelling in both posts indicate a greater problem with English within the system rather than Chemistry. I look forward to engaging dialog with anyone who cares to question the quality of our Chemisrty Dept.

Posted October 14, 2004
I'm 03'Grad..Very underrated school. Small size helped contribute to greater sense of community and less seperation and fewer exclusive attitudes..Great faculty and staff, but the principle while I was there did a pretty lousy job. Weak chemistry department, even for a school of it's size. Good spirit.

Posted March 12, 2004
Have now had 3 children go to the high school and have been very pleased. Very under rated school. Weak extracurricular program due to small size. Extraordinary community support fills in many of the holes. Weak chemistry and math prep for college. Much turnover, but very strong student spirit and growing sports program.

70 Williston Avenue, Easthampton, MA  01027
Last modified Easthampton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.