PK-4 & Ungraded
Easthampton, MA

Posted June 28, 2013
Maple is what an elementary school should be. It has a strong community feel, the teachers are caring and incredibly talented, the parents are involved and the kids are thrilled to go to school everyday. They do very well on their MCAS scores and offer lots of support to students who might be struggling, including small groups and Reading Recovery. My only wish is Easthampton would support the building of a new school, but I do fear losing the small, personal feel of Maple. It really is a gem.

Posted June 21, 2013
Maple School is a wonderful place for young children to learn and grow. Although the facilities are aged, they have many positive attributes (large classrooms with en suite restrooms for students, huge windows, flower and vegetable gardens, age-rated play structures), and are conducive to learning at the elementary level. Even more importantly, the teachers and support staff are remarkable in their talent and dedication to the students. Both of our children have had outstanding experiences, both in general education, and in the special education services that our oldest child has received since Pre-K. Lastly, the vibrant community lends an enormous amount of support to the students and their families. Parents are incredibly involved, and there is a wonderful sense of connectedness and belonging. We're proud to be a Maple School family.

Posted May 28, 2009
We were lucky to send both of our kids to the Maple Pre-K program. The teachers, staff and support at the school always made me feel that my kids are getting a super education. I have a daughter graduating from Pre-K and son finishing up 1st Grade. My son needed extra support and encouragemnet in various areas. He received it thru speech, reading recovery, friendship group and a special plan from his teacher. I am in the school on a daily basis and see the creative learning my kids are enjoying through their wonderful teachers.

Posted March 21, 2009
The full name is Maple Street School. I have my son in there and I love it, having to move soon and can't find a place in Easthampton, it will be hard to find a school like it. My son entered PreK with Miss Patty with a speech therapy IEP. His speech has greatly improved with her and Joan Loveless the speech therapist. I love this school. Throughout the year my son has been re-evaluated and has had 3 additions to his IEP including one called 'safety' for his clutziness. Except for daily notes, parents are updated on everything. An automated system calls you by 730 if school is canceled and also includes any events coming up. I dont understand how it only gets a 6 on this site, because even though the school is OLD, the teachers and staff are friendly, helpful and plan amazing!

Posted September 18, 2008
I am so pleased with my child's beginning experience at Maple. The school has a lovely sense of community and connectedness. The teachers administrators and support staff are helpful and welcoming. When my child races to the door in the morning at the sound of the line-up bell smile on face friend in hand I know Maple is a great choice.

Posted August 27, 2007

Maple
7 Chapel St, Easthampton, MA  01027
Last modified Maple is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maple Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top