Posted June 24, 2014
My child was tested and placed in an advanced math class at this school. He is in 7th grade and is taking 9th grade Algebra 1 and geometry. My older child is in 9th grade and in the public school system taking the same math courses. We constantly compare their class assignments and homework. Both of my kids are A students in math. Half of the things my younger child has learned, my older child hasn't even covered and doesn't have a clue. It's kind of scary. I would strongly recommend this school purely for the academic part. It's challenging and they don't mess around. However, their after school activities are limited because they are a small school...unlike the public school. I feel extremely confident this school will provide my child the education he will need to succeed in college.

Pioneer Charter School Of Science 1

Posted March 27, 2014
Very disappointed. I will elaborate in full detail at a later date on my poor review of this school.

Pioneer Charter School Of Science 2

Posted January 14, 2014
I would Say that the school is okay for the 7th and 8th grade but I would not stay here for high school. It is such a small school where you don't get to meet that many people. If you do not enjoy science you should not be at this school as there are more enrichment opportunities for other subjects at other schools. There is no library but you are still expected to research, print, and read.

Posted February 09, 2011
It is a very strong school academically, and the discipline system works very well. Teachers are easily accessible for the most part, and they have an online student information system where I can log into my child's account and see daily homework assignments, grades, schedules, discipline activity, and attendance. We are very pleased we found this school! My daughter is happy and doing well.

Pioneer Charter School Of Science 3

Posted May 01, 2010
The school is good academically, but not the best seeing as it is only 3 years old. The attitude of 70% of students are very poor because they were forced to come and are bitter. The discipline is good as well though they have somewhat of a ridiculous system , giving out 'points' when a student breaks a rule as though they were a toddler. But I guess when you compare this school to others in Everett it is the best, by far. But this is not a school I will stay in for high school. There are hardly any after school clubs except for sports and the few they do have are poorly organized.But it is a very tightly knit school(less than 300 students in all) and making friends is easy. A decent school overall.

Posted January 07, 2010

Posted January 07, 2010
I love this school as a parent. The classes are small and everyone knows each other. The teachers get involved with the students and families. The leadership is awesome and the students are actually learning something.

Posted April 10, 2009
It's the best school near Boston. My grades have dramatically improved.

Pioneer Charter School Of Science 0

Posted March 23, 2009
Principal Leadership 5 Teacher Quality 5 Extracurricular Activities 5 Parent Involvement 5 Safety and Discipline 5

Posted February 21, 2009

Pioneer Charter School Of Science
5159 Summer St, Everett, MA  02149
Last modified Pioneer Charter School Of Science is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pioneer Charter School Of Science Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.