PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Very very supportive and willing to help in any way they can. They always want to go above and beyond to see that each student enjoys the learning they do. They go out of their way to plan the best field trips that engage every single student.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework level was appropriate, and it was effective. NO BUSYWORK. The homework helped you understand the content.

Develops character: Agree

This school wants to see all students succeed, and they provide students the necessary things they needed to progress and make something out of themselves. Other schools suffer financially, and I find it ridiculous and absurd for them to penalize a Catholic School because the enrollment dropped. The school does its best to work above and beyond, and this just proves how it is unfair of what the diocese did to this amazing school, with kids who were achieving better academically than other schools in the diocese.

I have recently graduated from St. Pete's, and my 9 years spent at that school were the best. I was crushed when I learned that my school was closing, but like Father said, we have to keep smiling and take our faith as our waking stick. I will take everything I have learned from that school and apply it to my future studies. I wish the best of luck to all of my former teachers, classmates, and friends who I have grown to love and know.

This school is the best there will be no other like it. It has impacted many lives.

I have to say that I graduated from saint petes just a few months ago. Saint Petes changed my life. I always had anxiety attacks going to school ,scared something was going to happen to my mother and this went on till 3rd grade until i reached 4th. Mr. Mederios really broke my anxiety and im glad for that. When i grow up i dream to be an FBI . When i told the principal there she told me that there has been two gentlemen that have graduated from here that are now working at the state house in Boston and she told me "If you keep up with your grades and stick to your studies , you can accomplish anything your heart desires." Being fifteen right now and knowing im still a child I volunteer and Saint Annes Hospital even though i dont want to be a nurse im helping out my community, just volunteering there will be opening up so many doors for me and being raised in that school community it pushed me to accomplish my dreams.

The teachers and administration are really rooting for your child to succeed.

I disagree with the negative comments below. My childr en will be entering 3rd grade and kindergarten. My son had a great experience in pre-k the teachers were wonderful and truly care about the children. My daughter has been a student of St Pete's since pre-k and is a straight A student. I disagree with the negative comment about kindergarten. By the end of the kindergarten school year the children are tested weekly and are able to read accordingly.

First grade is the best. Be careful of bullying in the middle school grades .Nothing is done about it. I pulled my child out for that reason.

I agree with the previous poster that there is no discipline. The pre-school classroom is too small for the number of students (18+) the Kindergarten is just an extension of pre-school: my child played more than learned. It was a bog transition from kindergarten to first, but first grade was excellent and my child learned the most she did in all that school. Forget the rest of the grades. Third and fourth were the worst.

Last modified Sts. Peter & Paul School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8