No rating

Espirito Santo Parochial School

Private | PK-8

Living in Fall River

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $145,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted June 18, 2013

My son has been attending ESS since Pre-S ,He is in 1st grade now and loves Miss Pollseli. What can i say about the Eduction it's great my son is enjoying reading books,knows how to tell time and learning to speak portugese at a very young age.Its a very good school!! Keep up the good work ES

Posted March 25, 2013

My daughter has been attending ESS since Pre-S and I would HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone! Great teachers! and staff! No complaints whatsoever! Education is the key to success and this school has it! Great Job Everyone at ESS! Thank you!

Posted July 2, 2012

Espirito Santo has dedicated teachers. Its a great school and worked very well for both of my kids.

Posted July 2, 2012

I recently joined the faculty and can say that all of the teachers at Espirito Santo are dedicated and very well qualified. I am in the middle school and can truly say the teachers work as a team and have the best interest of every student at heart. I can wait for fall to begin again. The school has had a new principal since 2008 and there have been many positive changes in the school since then. The pastor is very caring and involved.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 23, 2012

My daughter has been with ES since preschool , so glad we made the choice to keep her in Espirito santo School.

Posted June 2, 2010

I am a former student myself and am proud to send my children to this school. The Catholic foundation they receive here will stay when them for the rest of their lives. It is a caring, safe environment where they are given a quality education. I feel that over the past few years, changes have been made which have enriched the school and given students a broader education. My children love this school and recognize the sacrafices we make to send them there!

Posted September 11, 2008

My daughter is currently in Pre K this is her first year at ESS. So far the teachers and staff are very helpful and comunicate very well with our children. I'm very happy she is there and hope to keep her there until high school.Mrs Kayne, Mrs Mello and Mrs Santos your doing a great job!

Posted June 10, 2008

As a parent of students who attend Saint Anne School, I must defend the fact that transferred students from this school and Notre Dame don't have to pay a scholastic fee. Saint Anne's students never had to pay this 'Scholastic fee' so I believe that ES is just being compassionate toward the families who had to uproot their children from a school they have grown to love and move them to a strange new school. Being at Saint Anne's was like being part of a family. The parents should be supportive of the many families who had to scramble to place their children in a new school and having only a month to enroll in another catholic school, rather that complain about silly issues. I am a former ES graduate and have no complaints about the school, but I have decided to send my children to public school for various reasons.

Posted May 18, 2008

All I have to say is good riddens to the principal she was aweful. Ms. Melo and Ms. Pollseli are doeing a great job. I'v seen more organization since Mrs. Bolton left then in the time she has been there. AS far as some of the teachers, they need to do alot of interviewing before they start filling these possitions. I am very disapointed in one of my daughters teachers I have never seen a teacher so unorganized. More than half her class has saposed work missing. Work I know has been done because I have helped my daugheter with. Lower Pre-k to 4th grade was a pleasure, middle school age is a parent and student test of patience.

Posted March 13, 2008

Both my children are currently enrolled at ES. They love it! I, on the other hand, have my gripes. There is a horrible faculty-parent relationship. There is NO communication. Events are always rescheduled because of poor preparation. Often times I don't know what is going on. Tuition is a continuous battle. I understand if you can't afford it don't go, however, it is not an excuse for better treatment. My kid's education is worth every penny and more, but I haven't seen any improvements and tuition is just getting higher. Why are new students from St Anne's and Notre Dame not paying the $130 scholastic fee? Worst, why inform us this in a newsletter. Are you rubbing it in? I'm sorry to be negative. My children are getting a good education, and they love school and do their homework- no problem. I'm envolved with their work and enjoy it.

Posted January 29, 2008

My daughter currently attends ES and I am totally unhappy with the level of education in the upper grades. I also attended ES and loved the school and learned alot that was why I placed her there. But the upper level of learning is totally disfunctional. The parents are completely out of the loop and not notified if work is not being completed. The priest is not as involved as he should be and the principal is to busy with meetings to be a principle so technically the school is run by the secretary. My daughter will not be returning and I would not recommend the schol for grades 4 thru 8.

Posted April 20, 2007

My child currently attends ESS and I am very satisfied with what I've seen. She has always received the help she has needed and where she excels, she is given extra to continue her performance. Come visit the school and see for yourself...it is a caring environment for any type of child to learn. Yes, they have accepted children with special needs -to give all children a chance so they won't feel segregated from society as they grow. Yes, the staff turnover rate has been high because they have staff whom attend college at the same time bringing with them fresh, new ideas. I would recommend any one to come and see what ESS has to offer. It's a great school!

Posted February 24, 2006

The quality of the education and overall parent satisfaction has seriously deteriorated under the leadership of the current principal. There has been a large turn over in faculty. This has led to less stability in student teacher/parent relations. The faculty are inexperienced in general but specifically for the ES culture. There appears to be little leadership from the principal. The school also accepts studnets with special needs that they do not have the staff to help. This harms both the student with learning issues but also the other students who must move at a slower pace to accomadte these students. ES is no longer a school that I can recommend.

Posted April 17, 2005

Es school dramatized my son because now he has lost interest in learning. They were not supportive in his needs and did not treat him fairly when it came to disciplining him. I have lost my trust and faith in the catholic school system because of es school. I will not recommend placing your child in their care.

Posted May 12, 2004

I atttended espirito santo school, and I loved it I made great friends that I still keep in touch with. The teacher's were wonderful and caring its been 14 years since I have been there and when I see an old teacher of mine they still remember who I am. I enrolled my daughter into the school and I hope she will get the same experience I had and all the great memories. Espirito Santo will help my daughter be the best that she can be and to know that she is cared ab out is a weight that will be lifted off my shoulders, being there I have all the confidence that she will be safe and well taken care of.

Posted August 22, 2003

The principal is great! The parish priest (Father Jim) is wonderful with the children, and the secretary is top notch!! And thats not even beginning to speak of the many wonderful teachers. Keep up the great work Espirito Santo!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Fall River

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

143 Everett Street