K-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Fall River, MA

Posted August 23, 2014
I have been a student at atlantis since 3rd grade "im going into 8th now" and he elementary school wasnt to bad the school was preety nice and some of my favorite teachers were there, but it all changed once i got into the middle school. The middle school is the oldest building iv ever seen in public use, its scares me to know that it passes as safe with the state, I actually think they pay the state to give them good reviews. The teachers are ridiculous if 2-3 students are talking to eachother and wont stop they punish the whole class and say that we are a team and need to take responsibility for eachother. My homeroom once had a month of completly silent homeroom for a month because 3 or 4 students couldnt keep there mouths shut for homeroom. If your thinking of putting your child into atlantis i would recommend you put them in public school over this school. They are building a brand new High School but i doubt ill be going just because how they run the school. Take this from someone whos been in the school for multiple years, Dont send you kid here please.

Posted June 13, 2014
If you have a child with a learning disability, add, ADHD or any other disability, this school will not except you or if they do except you they will eventually kick you out. I have a child with ADHD who has been there since kindergarten and got kicked out in the sixth grade. They told me they can't accommodate for his disabilities. That he's not learning anything there because of his disability. They will cover their butts and go down the chain of command into everything they can to make it look like they are helping you but in the end it's only to make them look good and follow their protocols to kick your child out. I have known numerous parents who have gone to the same thing that I have. Your child will spend most of his day in the office getting in trouble for things that he can't control doing because of his disability. They don't know how to work with the children and they don't care enough to train their teachers to work with these children. I am very disgusted in the school and I do not recommend the school to anyone.

Posted September 10, 2013
I noticed that the pie chart on your web site signified the fact that you have 85% of White Students but the other races or ethnicities were not specified. I am wondering why the powers at be didn't think others were important to mention.

Posted June 27, 2013
i am very please with the school .My oldest attended Charter and has now moved on to Diman. My youngest is still at the middle school. Both of my children were there since Kindergarten and i would not have it any other way. They do have alot of work and they offer tutoring and if your child is struggling they will go the extra step to help your child . I have nothing bad to say .Thank You all for your hard work..

Posted June 10, 2011
We are so blessed to have all 3 of our children attend this school! Way to go ACS!!

Atlantis Charter School 0

Posted March 20, 2010
The ACS in Fall River is more concerned with demerits than education. The system is based on noting any negative behavior, no matter how trivial or petty. Where is the attention devoted to promoting and modeling positive behavior ? There are many punishments, few rewards. And a reward can be a word of encouragement, anything to make these students feel connected. Instead it's got my children (who loved going to school a couple years ago) dreading getting up & going to school in the morning...

Atlantis Charter School 3

Posted March 18, 2010
My daughter has attended the Charter School since kindergarden. At that time the school was amazing and I was very pleased with the school. Around the time she entered grade 2 this changed drastically. The school became less invovled with student education and more involved with making a good name for themselves and raiseing money. I do agree that funding is important but not if it's sacrificing the integrity (excuse my spelling) of the school. Thing have definitely gone downhill since Principal Kerry Kennedy replaced Fernando Goulart. I never thought I would say this because I have always been a huge fan of charter but I am removing my daughter for Grade 5.

Posted January 12, 2010
My first of three attends and the curriculum is outstanding. I am overwhelmed with the amount of homework however it is a fantastic thing. My child is reading, speaking Portuguese, and her creativity has blossomed. I can't wait for swimming lessons to begin! That principal at the lower school is outstanding and the communication with parents is excellent.

Posted December 28, 2009

Atlantis Charter School 0

Posted October 01, 2009
My kids really enjoy going to Atlantis, and that's enough for me !!!! They keep you well informed.

Atlantis Charter School
2501 South Main St, Fall River, MA  02724
Last modified Atlantis Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atlantis Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top