Fall River, MA

Posted November 29, 2013
My son is very happy at Doran and he was also in that class where there was sub after sub and then his teacher went on maternity leave. It was frustrating but I also can recognize that the school was trying to find a replacement but they had to work with what they had. Sometimes things just happen that way and although I wasn't happy one bit about it and made that known to Mrs. Pontes they were trying their best to find someone. I hope this school continues to get better like they have recently by moving out of a level 4 to a level 2. If only there was space to build a field right next to the school!

John J Doran 1

Posted June 13, 2012
I have two kids that fortunatly are going to middle school and leaving the doran school wich i dont know why they extending it to be a middle school has well since has no conditions to be a school first of all, reasons for my statement are: -Doesn't have a playground (besides the little kiddie playset that you can buy for you backyard), - The access stairs to the main doors are falling apart and becoming a fall hazard to the children and anyone that goes there - The suposed to be handycaped access ramps and walkway dont meet ADA requirements since has steps between the concrete blocks and on the Ponta Delgada Blvd. you have to jump the curb or go al the way to the corner at Columbia St. toget to the closest access ramp, - And the last but more conserning is that they are an under performance school, but i dont think has notting to blame on the kids, since my two 5th graders spent most of the time having substitute teacher thru the year, since one of the teacher left dont know the reason and they clound find a replacement for at least two months, thesecond one had maternaty leave in April. How to expect this kids to have good MCAS scores with that kind of learning(not consecutive)

Posted October 13, 2011
Great school, great taechers and a wonderful principal. keep up the good work. My child comes home happy after school. His teacher is fantastic when the children leave, when they see who is picking them up they give her a high five to let them know that someone is here to get them. Good work Miss Howe in keeping our children safe.

Posted October 13, 2011
So far this school has been great for my child. Anti-bullying inside the school is wonderful. I give this school 5 stars. To the parents who attend to there children before and after school-The playground on the site is a great way for the children to relax and have some fun after school. Unfortunetly the parents don't watch there children. My son has been bullied in a way that to some parents is nothing. One boy takes over the monkey bars and he does not care who is on them after him or before his turn and comes full force from the other end or behind the child and makes them jump off the bars so he can go across.

John J Doran

Posted November 12, 2009
Doran is a very good school for my son thank you

John J Doran 1

Posted May 29, 2007
My son had a great first year at doran school. He had a great teacher. Unfortunately his second year wasn't the same. He dislikes his teacher, Does not confide in her in any way and only has negative things to say about her. I've walked through the halls and all I can hear is teachers Yelling at our children. I feel they have no patient for children and treat our children wrongly. My child was threatened by another student and they did not take it seriously, but they know how to call you if your child has been acting up in class. I'm glad to say my child is being transferred out of this school.

John J Doran 4

Posted April 03, 2007
I started at Doran when I was in the first grade and I graduated last year. I loved it there! Doran has an excellent music program, that includes chorus. A wonderful art program, which by the way is my favorite,in art class I learned about different cultures, and ways of art, it was fun! Gym, unfortunatley, is our only sports program.

John J Doran 4

Posted May 03, 2006
I have 2 children who attend this school and are doing well. They like their teachers and look forward to school. The principal is wonderful. She's always willing to work with a parent and returns calls on a timely basis.

John J Doran
101 Fountain Street, Fall River, MA  02721
Last modified John J Doran is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John J Doran Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top