K-8 & Ungraded
Forestdale, MA

Forestdale 4

Posted April 18, 2014
I have two children attending this school and have been very pleased with the support from the teachers, administration, and special education staff. One of my children is on an IEP and the staff has been extremely vigilant to meet my child's needs. The school social worker has made the experience at Forestdale Elementary School successful and has truly made the growth of my child, academically, socially, and emotionally, possible. She is a truly gifted educator.

Posted January 20, 2014
I have two children who attend this this school. Both are on IEP's. The teachers are very supportive when not threatened by the administration. They advised me to sing off on my son's IEP, saying that he met his goals, unfortunately I did. Through testing that I paid for myself, we found that he had dyslexia. With the help of an Advocate ( more money) we got him back on to an IEP. I do not recommend this school to anyone who's children need special education. Not unless you have a very good Advocate.

Forestdale 2

Posted May 16, 2011
Poor leadership and responsiveness to issues. Decent teachers. Some are great, others poor. Lots of drama in the school. Sometimes I think a reality show would do well there, but not somewhere for my kids to learn. Great parents and PTA though

Posted November 17, 2010
Do NOT send your kids here, horrible, horrible school system. They are by far the worst you can imagine. If you can, move or send them to private school. I moved and removed my son from here and he went from failing everything to 4 years later, full scholarship to North Eastern. Unsupported and sued by SEVERAL parents but you never hear about it unless you are one of them.

Posted December 22, 2008

Posted December 18, 2008

Forestdale 3

Posted October 13, 2008
I believe that the education your child recieves in this school is as good as the effort you as a parent put into it. The school definitely lacks in leadership qualities, however with the new priciple perhaps things will change. I am a graduate from Sandwich Schools and things have a long way.

Forestdale 5

Posted September 30, 2008
I have two children at Forestdale and find it top rate. The staff are caring and supportive and go the extra mile to provide an enriching and challenging environment to all children. MCAS scores have climbed each year and have always been good for most students. There is a very proactive and involve group of parents who help this school to be tops! The new principal is wonderful and responsive - but a strong leader, too. They struggle with MCAS for the most severly disabled students in the school (the special classrooms for autistic children) - but the fact that the state requires ALL children to take and pass MCAS regardless of the severity of their disability is ridiculous!

Forestdale 5

Posted June 22, 2008

Forestdale 2

Posted August 30, 2007

Forestdale
151 Route 130, Forestdale, MA  02644
Last modified Forestdale is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forestdale Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top