Posted February 12, 2014
We are new this year to The Brighton School. I can not say enough about what a positive change it has been! The curriculum and teachers account for the school's academic excellent and, because of it's small class size, the children learn at their own pace in a relaxed, well structured and warm environment. My children love school now and, as a result, are learning so much. This is what school should be.

Posted December 28, 2012
My child is new to what is now the Brighton School of Framingham. We can not say enough positive things about the teachers, curriculum and genuine family environment created at the Brighton. I am amazed at what my child has been exposed to in such a short period of time and am impressed with the exposure she is getting to French, Computers, Science, Yoga and the Arts. A Metrowest hidden gem..small class sizes and reasonable tuition.

Wayland Academy of Framingham 4

Posted May 01, 2012
This review is intentionally retrospective. The school changed its name to The Brighton School of Framingham in 2010 following a change in principals. The school is now run by faculty from what I understand. My child attended kindegarten here and is now in public school. The teachers are excellent - very sincere and caring. The educational content is advanced and well designed. The classroom size is small and they mix grades in a room. This allows the child to not get lost in the curriculum or the school. In addition the base curriculum, the child is allowed to progress as far as they want to, especially in the higher grades. Some kids (not all) study material meant for 2-3 grades higher. The school did have quirks because of the (very) small student body. If the school could expand to a larger student population, we would seriously consider sending our child back. I believe kids in this age group need exposure to peers with a wider range of abilities and backgrounds. We lucked out with our child's current public school.

Wayland Academy of Framingham 0

Posted November 17, 2009
Wayland Academy has been a wonderful place for our children. The biggest advantage has been the small size and very caring teachers who know each student individually and figure out the best ways to help him/her grow. The programs and materials are carefully and thoughtfully selected. There is also a nice school spirit there and sense of community, and plenty of opportunities for children to have fun, as well!

Posted September 23, 2009

Posted March 08, 2009
I have nothing but great things to say about Wayland Academy. Teachers are superb and curriculum is exceptional. Their Math, Science and Reading programs are top notch. Teachers understand different kids learn at different pace and encourage independent learning. Most of the learning are project based which makes it fun. If your kid is bored in the current school and needs some accelerated learning, this is the place to go. Only negative is the school's lack of a good sports program.

Posted August 11, 2008
We have had all six of our children attend this school, including one daughter who just graduated from MIT. You cannot beat a school with small classroom size, curricula adapted to the individual student and loving care from faculty.

Wayland Academy of Framingham 3

Posted November 10, 2007

Wayland Academy of Framingham 4

Posted February 26, 2005
It is a wonderful school. My son really loves going there. Thanks to small class size, the teacher always gives individual attention to kids. Everyday when my son comes home, I check his school work. I am often amazed that his teacher always has specific and clear comments or corrections on his writing, spelling, coloring or other activities. I doubt if a public school would have time to do this. The school offers tons of themed field trips. I am very pleased with the choice we made. Like all private schools, WA asks for donation, but they are never intrusive or make me feel pressured. The teachers and the headmaster are great listners and try their best to accommodate. Teachers are all very dedicated and professional. The only drawback of the school is that it is a bit too small.

Wayland Academy of Framingham
360 Water St, Framingham, MA  01701
Last modified Wayland Academy of Framingham is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Wayland Academy of Framingham Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top