Bad
Good

Their math teaching is uneven. My son went here two years, one math teacher was poor, the other good. My daughter went here three years; one year her math teacher was good. The teaching the other two years was dismal. And the teacher turnover was really bad! 6th grade she had two math teachers because one quit halfway through the year. In 7th grade, her poor class ended up having four, yes really, four different math teachers! My daughter went from top math group K-5 at Hemenway Elementary to barely making it into Algebra 1 in 8th grade. Her Algebra teacher told me that most of her class did not know some basic 7th grade math concepts so she was teaching them to the class before she could start teaching Algebra. There are other reasons to consider McAuliffe but unless you can tutor your child in math or can pay for tutoring I would really think hard about sending them here. Ironically, I knew their math teaching was uneven but I thought my daughter would be okay because she was so good at math. I was wrong and I really regret sending her here. My son went there six and seven years ago and my daughter just finished 8th grade there; so they have had time to fix their program.

We are so glad with our decision to send our son to McAuliffe. It's a smaller middle school, with a commitment to academic performance, community engagement and the development and character of each individual child. The staff genuinely CARES about kids and families and it shows in their actions, not just their words.

My daughter entered 6th grade this year and she absolutely loves the school. She comes home happy and smiling, has made several friends, and is very engaged in her learning. She has also joined several clubs. I am very happy I made the decision to send her there.

I think the school lags behind, academically. There are a few good teachers, but I do not feel it prepares kids for high school. There has been almost no homework over the 3 years. They have no textbooks, so kids don't become accustomed to having to use them. There are no real grades - you can "meet the standards" and earn an M with anything from 75-100. It does not reward students for doing well - it seems to all be about making sure those who are not academically successful do not feel left out. Socially, it is better. Most kids come there because they don't fit in to a public school. There is more tolerance. There is a lot of teacher turnover, and they've had a lot of inexperienced teachers over the years.

My son has dyslexia and has absolutely hated school until this year. He started at McAuliffe in September and now when asked how he feels about his new school he says, "I Love my new school. The school work is actually fun and interesting. And I don't spend ALL night doing homework." (we went from 2 or more hours of tearful homework EVERY night to about 45 minutes of class relevent work.) No more Mathmate just because it's Wednesday or DOL because it's Monday. Jake does much more than simply learn how to pass the MCAS now. And he finally enjoys learning. He has made friends, and joined after school activities. If your son or daughter is stuggling in school I urge you to check out this fantastic charter school in Framingham.

I can't say enough good things about this school. My daughter, a 6th grader, is thrilled to go to school every day. She loves the hands-on approach to learning and loves participating in the different field works scheduled throughout the year. The principal and all the teachers are very approachable and there is a great sense of community in this school. Both kids and parents are required to do volunteer work at the school. Kids can also volunteer ouside of the school and this gives them a great sense of accomplishment. To enroll our daughter at the Charter school was the best decision we could have ever made.

McAuliffe is a wonderful school. My daughter is very shy and quiet and she's about to complete her 3 years there. I have seen such an improvement in her confidence and self esteem. Her writing skills have soared. (And so did her MCAS scores.) I love this school!

My son just started 6th grade at McAuliffe this year. He loves it, I love it! He is a very disorganized kid but has been very successful at keeping himself organized and on the ball at McAuliffe. His teachers really motivate him and make him feeling like learning is fun and the expeditionary learning style is wonderful.

'I LOVE school!', both my daughters have told people about McAuliffe Regional Charter Public School (MRCPS). How many middle schoolers say that to their parents and admit it to their friends too? McAuliffe makes learning interesting because they make it real and relevant to the students through its Expeditionary Learning methodology. It has smaller classes and really 'neat' and motivated teachers. My daughters' teachers know them almost as well as I do! Since my girls have been at McAuliffe, I've seen an increase in their self-esteem and academic confidence. Again, this is not something most parents can say about their middle schoolers! This is a awesome school!

This school is horrible. My daughter constantly has problems with the teachers. They never return calls and I think this school should have been closed.

Last modified Christa Mcauliffe Regional Charter Public School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.