6-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Framingham, MA

Christa Mcauliffe Regional Charter Public School 2

Posted March 11, 2013
I think the school lags behind, academically. There are a few good teachers, but I do not feel it prepares kids for high school. There has been almost no homework over the 3 years. They have no textbooks, so kids don't become accustomed to having to use them. There are no real grades - you can "meet the standards" and earn an M with anything from 75-100. It does not reward students for doing well - it seems to all be about making sure those who are not academically successful do not feel left out. Socially, it is better. Most kids come there because they don't fit in to a public school. There is more tolerance. There is a lot of teacher turnover, and they've had a lot of inexperienced teachers over the years.

Posted October 13, 2010
My son has dyslexia and has absolutely hated school until this year. He started at McAuliffe in September and now when asked how he feels about his new school he says, "I Love my new school. The school work is actually fun and interesting. And I don't spend ALL night doing homework." (we went from 2 or more hours of tearful homework EVERY night to about 45 minutes of class relevent work.) No more Mathmate just because it's Wednesday or DOL because it's Monday. Jake does much more than simply learn how to pass the MCAS now. And he finally enjoys learning. He has made friends, and joined after school activities. If your son or daughter is stuggling in school I urge you to check out this fantastic charter school in Framingham.

Posted March 30, 2009
I can't say enough good things about this school. My daughter, a 6th grader, is thrilled to go to school every day. She loves the hands-on approach to learning and loves participating in the different field works scheduled throughout the year. The principal and all the teachers are very approachable and there is a great sense of community in this school. Both kids and parents are required to do volunteer work at the school. Kids can also volunteer ouside of the school and this gives them a great sense of accomplishment. To enroll our daughter at the Charter school was the best decision we could have ever made.

Posted May 17, 2008
McAuliffe is a wonderful school. My daughter is very shy and quiet and she's about to complete her 3 years there. I have seen such an improvement in her confidence and self esteem. Her writing skills have soared. (And so did her MCAS scores.) I love this school!

Christa Mcauliffe Regional Charter Public School 4

Posted April 30, 2008
My son just started 6th grade at McAuliffe this year. He loves it, I love it! He is a very disorganized kid but has been very successful at keeping himself organized and on the ball at McAuliffe. His teachers really motivate him and make him feeling like learning is fun and the expeditionary learning style is wonderful.

Posted December 13, 2007
'I LOVE school!', both my daughters have told people about McAuliffe Regional Charter Public School (MRCPS). How many middle schoolers say that to their parents and admit it to their friends too? McAuliffe makes learning interesting because they make it real and relevant to the students through its Expeditionary Learning methodology. It has smaller classes and really 'neat' and motivated teachers. My daughters' teachers know them almost as well as I do! Since my girls have been at McAuliffe, I've seen an increase in their self-esteem and academic confidence. Again, this is not something most parents can say about their middle schoolers! This is a awesome school!

Christa Mcauliffe Regional Charter Public School 1

Posted April 03, 2007
This school is horrible. My daughter constantly has problems with the teachers. They never return calls and I think this school should have been closed.

Posted December 01, 2006
McAuliffe offers private school quality for free to students in our area. As a Framingham resident I chose it for my four children because it is small, outscores other Framingham schools, and offers a challenging curriculum. The McAuliffe tries to unify its academics through a real life application. Students learn the MA curriculum, but with a sense of purpose. My son who is a seventh grader this year says, 'There are no bullies, everyone is pretty nice.' 'Charter school is so cool.' and even... 'Charter school has the prettiest girls!' If your child(ren) are creative, intelligent and maybe a little sensitive this is a McAuliffe is a great match. We are very happy.

Posted September 29, 2005
My son is a 6th grader and is receiving an exceptional education. The academic approach is rigorous yet fun. The teachers and staff really care about their students. The principal is wonderful. The atomosphere of the school is upbeat and parents are encouraged to volunteer at the school as well as engage in their child's middle school experience. We are very pleased.

Christa Mcauliffe Regional Charter Public School 4

Posted December 26, 2004
I pulled my son out of the regular public school because I felt he could benefit from the smaller classes and the outward bound model which this school is based on. They learn by doing. I was impressed that as a 7th grader my son was learning basic physics and the whole grade put on a greek play as part of there expedition. His math scores on the terra nova went from high average to exceptional. His attitude about school is excellent and although he is a typical teen, he is extremely engaged and excited about what he is learning most often. He has recess where he can run around, get some energy out instead of sitting for most of the day . He has had many opportunities to improve in areas that he was weaker and met the challenge. The atmosphere here is caring and energetic.

Christa Mcauliffe Regional Charter Public School
25 Clinton St, Framingham, MA  01702
Last modified Christa Mcauliffe Regional Charter Public School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Christa Mcauliffe Regional Charter Public School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top