Posted May 07, 2014
It's unfortunate the review posted on March 4th doesn't indicate what the Principal's shortcomings are. It would be nice to understand specficis. It's apparent they've had some situations which haven't been favorable. I wonder if this parent is an involved parent and if they attend the PTO meetings or volunteer their time. If they were involved with the school, they'd see the results of her leadership. The Superintendent recently asked the Principal to tackle two jobs - the Principal of Dunning and the Principal of another school for the remainder of the year. That speaks to her leadership. For example, the Principal has allowed the teachers in the upper grades to concentrate in their area of expertise and teach that expertise to a couple of different classrooms. My last child had the benefit of this model the first year it started and it was great! It has renewed the energy of the teachers and the children benefited from having a different teacher rathe than their homeroom teacher instructing them for all subjects. The tenure of teachers is also a plus as noted in the March 2014 review.

Charlotte A. Dunning Elementary School 2

Posted March 04, 2014
The teachers here are wonderful. And sadly, I have to agree that the principal has lots of shortcomings. Thankfully, the teachers have been here much longer than the principal and they carry the school. "Warm hugs and the forest through the trees"? - from a previous comment. Very strange, sounds like the principal to me. Lots of great kids, parents and teachers at this school, the saving grace.

Posted May 13, 2013
My children attend Dunning and have for the past several years. We couldn't be happier. The principal is a leader and I definitely see a great change in the teachers and staff as a result of her leadership, especially since prior to her arrival there were several principals who didn't stay more than a couple of years. She is willing to listen to concerns and address them as needed. The principal also expects parents and children to be part of the solution if there is an issue. Is she "warm and friendly?" Depends on your definition and perception of warm and friendly. Do you expect hugs or a friendly wave and greeting? Is she firm and confident when speaking with others? She's quite confident in her role. From what I can see and hear from others, she has earned the respect from those that who can see the forest behind the trees. I would challenge those parents who say she is inflexible and self-centered to look through the trees. As a result of a district wide survey, she incorporated changes based on the feedback of those surveys. The academic performance of the school has also increased, that doesn't happen through poor leadership.

Charlotte A. Dunning Elementary School 1

Posted March 21, 2013
I agree the Principle is not a good leader. Very inflexible and self centered if you have an issue. I also think the school creates a lot of pressure on both children and parents. Very disappointed with this school.

Posted January 03, 2013
Dunning is a great school! Teachers and staff are Excellent - caring and motivated people. It has a challenging and impressive academic program. Along with her regular studies, my 4th grader does a lot of creative and fun reports, presentations and projects regularly that is essential for a wholesome and confident student. Thanks Dunning!

Charlotte A. Dunning Elementary School 0

Posted March 23, 2010
My son is now a 4th grader at Dunning and Dunning has exceeded my expectations. Every year he has had excellent teachers. He has had a great grammer school experience at Dunning.

Posted March 16, 2010
i go there and it's really neat and amizaing

Posted June 23, 2009
We've been at Dunning for 3 years and every teacher has been absolutely amazing! I don't know how we have been so fortunate, but each teacher has taught to the individual, as well as the class. This means your child can thrive

Posted September 20, 2008
I am thoroughly impressed with Dunning school. The teachers are amazing because they really love what they do. When my son was in K i assumed we just got lucky with his teach Mrs. Casavant, but now I know this is more the norm. Both his 1st and 2nd grage teachers have proven to me that they really 'get' my child and have created an action plan to allow him to thrive. I honestly don't know how they do it, with 20 kids!

Charlotte A. Dunning Elementary School 0

Posted August 25, 2008
Very good school. Very diversified group of chidren. my son was there from k-5.

Charlotte A. Dunning Elementary School
48 Frost St, Framingham, MA  01701
Last modified Charlotte A. Dunning Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charlotte A. Dunning Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.