K-5 & Ungraded
Framingham, MA

Hemenway Elementary School 2

Posted April 10, 2014
Not so good! Wanted my child to go here so bad... Had excellent reviews and top rated school. Not impressed at all. Thankfully my child has a great teacher! The office staff is so rude...never a hello they will ignore you until you say want you came in for. This has happened on many occasions. Even some of the teachers are not helpful. My child was not where they should have put my child one day for a pick up, so as a parent I went looking for my child... Ran into a teacher and was greeted with a nasty, where are you going? Seriously, not a, can I help you? Hoping my child doesn't pick up on the behavior of the school. Don't let the test scores fool you!

Posted October 02, 2013
I have had 3 children at Hemenway, one special needs and twins currently enrolled, the teachers and staff go out of their way to know and understand the dynamic of the students and to engage them in enthusiastic learning. My girls love Hem.

Hemenway Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Great staff of caring teachers and administrators w/ the children's success as the most important goal.

Posted October 15, 2008

Posted August 23, 2008
Great school that is run well by superb teachers! Wouldnt go any where else.

Posted April 15, 2008

Posted January 11, 2008
I have found Hemenway to be an exceptional school with respect to academics, enrichment and social/emotional growth. The teachers at Hemenway are incredibly well qualified and inspire the children to learn. There is a very active PTO, which helps the school on many levels including books, computers, assemblies and other pressing school needs. Additionally, my child has benefitted from afterschool programs/clubs including Tae Kwon Do and chess.

Posted January 27, 2004
Our experience has been extremely fulfilling at Hemenway. Our children are not only learning but are being enriched. We feel that we have a special perspective on Hemenway since our children changed to this school from another school in the district half way through their elementary career. We have the utmost respect for the leadership of Dr. Burke, the school's principal. She runs a wonderfully balanced school!

Hemenway Elementary School
729 Water St, Framingham, MA  01701
Last modified Hemenway Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hemenway Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top