Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

FHS is a very large high school with an extremely diverse student population. Because of its size and the variety of interests held by its students, the course offerings and extracurricular opportunities are vast. The core curriculum courses are leveled as college prep I, college prep II and honors. Juniors and Seniors can take a broad array of advanced placement courses. The foreign language and fine arts offerings are extensive. We have been impressed with the teachers at FHS. Each one we've met has appeared well qualified. They are always prepared and seem to genuinely enjoy teaching. Of course with over 2,000 students from every imaginable background there are problems at FHS. There are more new English learners than at most schools. And perhaps a higher percentage of families that don't value education. But for those are prepared to learn FHS is a great place. Our child is thriving at Framingham High School. He's taking all honors and AP courses and he has achieved Spanish fluency he would not have achieved elsewhere. He's gained confidence and he's being challenged! We're hoping he's accepted to an elite university.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is addressed ad nauseum. It's a big school. There are incidents. They are immediately addressed in a professional manner.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Lots of homework. Students need to work hard to do well in honors and AP classes.

I currently go to this school and it's the best I couldn't complain about anything or ask for better

Both our daughters went to Framingham High, after attending Charlotte Dunning. It was and is a great school. (We still live in Framingham and know families with kids currently in the schools). Kids get an excellent education. Our kids took all honors and AP classes, and were well prepared for classes they took in college. They both attended Ivies; many of their FHS classmates also went on to attend very good schools. One daughter is now a college prof and successful author. The other is in med school. One reason she got in was the experience of attending school in a system like Framingham, with a range of ethnicities and income levels. The kids in the system tend to have healthy values and a good work ethic without having to deal with the excessive amount of pressure found elsewhere. The Framingham schools also have a top notch gifted and talented program and strong support for kids with special needs.

This school is great!! It is big and has a wide variety of course selections because of its size. But I do agree there are some teachers that need to be reconsidered because Honors and AP Biology teacher Langdon is very intelligent but does not know how to teach and is not helpful afterschool and students end up failing. Then there are other teachers that waste too much time such as Biology teacher Cobb. The math department overall is great and the history aswell. The English department is ok but teachers like Delaporta are not organized and do not know how to grade or teach.

I regret my son is attending this school, I don see that staff those old reviews are speaking about, what I see now is a group of inexperienced teachers that believed their roll is to be ready to punish and retaliate to kids as the biology teacher Langdon is doing for example. Regarding the administration again I believe they are very busy first building their curriculum as right now is happening The principal Michael Welch is going out to another job, the viceprincipal right now has no time for parent's or students concerns, so if you have a problem at a school: solve by yourself! For this time being this is the reality, I do not want to say anything against those parents that somewhen found this school amazing, at least that is what the latest ranking of the FHS in the state of Ma is saying Of course I would like to improve this situation if me and the state ranking of the school are right, but in the world we are living now I believe that is almost impossible

This is a big high school for sure, but it is an amazing place. There is a niche to be found there for every kid, and the teachers are enthusiastic and go the extra mile to make sure students succeed. Many go on to elite colleges and the athletic and drama programs are strong enough that FHS students can move on from these to top notch collegiate programs. My only wish is that the middle schools in Framingham offered the same caliber of education.

I taught in Framingham for many many years and firmly believe they are as good if not better than most private schools. The dedication of the teachers and the diverse student body make Framingham a super school system.

I went here before the renovations and had a great high school experience. I studied at two top universities and felt at least as well prepared as my classmates from private school. I would be happy to send my kids here when it is their turn for high school.

Last modified Framingham High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.