Framingham, MA
Students enrolled: 2,080

Posted January 30, 2015
Both our daughters went to Framingham High, after attending Charlotte Dunning. It was and is a great school. (We still live in Framingham and know families with kids currently in the schools). Kids get an excellent education. Our kids took all honors and AP classes, and were well prepared for classes they took in college. They both attended Ivies; many of their FHS classmates also went on to attend very good schools. One daughter is now a college prof and successful author. The other is in med school. One reason she got in was the experience of attending school in a system like Framingham, with a range of ethnicities and income levels. The kids in the system tend to have healthy values and a good work ethic without having to deal with the excessive amount of pressure found elsewhere. The Framingham schools also have a top notch gifted and talented program and strong support for kids with special needs.

Framingham High School 3

Posted August 27, 2014
This school is great!! It is big and has a wide variety of course selections because of its size. But I do agree there are some teachers that need to be reconsidered because Honors and AP Biology teacher Langdon is very intelligent but does not know how to teach and is not helpful afterschool and students end up failing. Then there are other teachers that waste too much time such as Biology teacher Cobb. The math department overall is great and the history aswell. The English department is ok but teachers like Delaporta are not organized and do not know how to grade or teach.

Framingham High School 1

Posted April 30, 2014
I regret my son is attending this school, I don see that staff those old reviews are speaking about, what I see now is a group of inexperienced teachers that believed their roll is to be ready to punish and retaliate to kids as the biology teacher Langdon is doing for example. Regarding the administration again I believe they are very busy first building their curriculum as right now is happening The principal Michael Welch is going out to another job, the viceprincipal right now has no time for parent's or students concerns, so if you have a problem at a school: solve by yourself! For this time being this is the reality, I do not want to say anything against those parents that somewhen found this school amazing, at least that is what the latest ranking of the FHS in the state of Ma is saying Of course I would like to improve this situation if me and the state ranking of the school are right, but in the world we are living now I believe that is almost impossible

Posted September 02, 2011
This is a big high school for sure, but it is an amazing place. There is a niche to be found there for every kid, and the teachers are enthusiastic and go the extra mile to make sure students succeed. Many go on to elite colleges and the athletic and drama programs are strong enough that FHS students can move on from these to top notch collegiate programs. My only wish is that the middle schools in Framingham offered the same caliber of education.

Posted October 13, 2010
I taught in Framingham for many many years and firmly believe they are as good if not better than most private schools. The dedication of the teachers and the diverse student body make Framingham a super school system.

Posted October 12, 2010
I went here before the renovations and had a great high school experience. I studied at two top universities and felt at least as well prepared as my classmates from private school. I would be happy to send my kids here when it is their turn for high school.

Posted November 18, 2009
FHS is a wonderful school with excellent teachers and great choices for our students.

Posted October 03, 2009
A diverse population with outstanding achievements - academic, sports, and many other activities. The teachers are performing in a show to raise funds for the drama club - how great its that?

Posted September 15, 2009
Framingham High School personnel really do care about all their students. The school is diverse, but every effort is made to make sure that each and every student is welcomed and achieves. I love the students and their enthusiastic teachers; I love the vice principals and the staff. From the principal on down, each person really strives to do the best possible.

Posted December 05, 2007
My three children are FHS graduates. Two fo them enjoyed the sports and the academic support they needed. My youngest got into an Ivy League school - and she is a first generation immigrant. Excellent teachers! Big school - some may feel lost in there.

115 A Street, Framingham, MA  01701
Last modified Framingham High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Framingham High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top