Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

GMHS teachers care and are highly qualified to teach their subjects. I hear students talk about how great their teachers are. Responsive to parent concerns. Academic outcomes are impressive.

This school has failed my grandson on soo many levels...these levels include severe bullying from classmates, jlack of professional and caring teaching, bullying by teachers, ridiculing in front of other classmates the list goes on and on.. Legal action is pending!!!! If you can, do not enroll your child to this middle school.

I hate this school the kids are so mean to me, why does this happen to me WHY!!!!!!!!!

I am a student here, and I definitely like this school a lot! The teachers really care about you. They challenge and support you when you need it, they make sure you understand what you need to learn. At GMHS your opinion matters, and it s OK to be different, kids are still nice here. Great academic, music, art, sports programs. They make you feel like an actual person and not just some student. I feel lucky to be here, I m happy!

GMHS is a wonderful school with dedicated teachers and staff... my kids love it here! Caring environment, everyone is encouraged to work hard, do their best and be themselves.

The worst school my daughter has ever been to. We moved here for 1 year and that 1 year has been awful for her. Nothing but stuck up little rich girls who like to bullying another girl because she is beautiful and different!! Being a military family and having dealt with a lot of schools, GMS has the worst teachers/principal and staff I have ever come across, hopefully nothing goes on with your kid because good luck getting it resolved. Want a school where your child will get bullied then pick GMS. This school should seriously consider getting a bullying project going on or something because the girls that go there are awful little girls! I will be glad when the school year ends and my daughter is back in a military school. I will NEVER put either of my daughters into a civilian school again!!

I am currently a student at GMHS and I've been here for a couple of years now. I don't find that I hate the school or anything, but I find myself not exactly liking it either. The creativity level in the schools system is very low and I don't find anything here worth while. I'm not sure whether I'lll attend highschool at GMHS. Although the faculty is extremely nice, and the physical appearance of the school is very cheerful.

I absolutely hate this school. I am completely unchallenged academically and majority of the teachers have favorites. The teachers don't inspire creativity and I feel that any attempts to do so are done in a very idiotic way. Like making us do a pop-up picture book in ELA Enrichment. I found that to be a waste of time. There is some hope though. The French teacher is amazing, along with the seventh grade History teacher is amazing, along with the sixth grade Geography teacher. But I find that the school has very limited options and kills off creativity. I can't wait to get out of here and go to a private high school. One that actually encourages students to learn and be creative. If you are a parent who rates this school high, ask your kids what this school is really like. I guarantee you that they will agree with me. Oh and did I mention that the principal discourages the starting of ANY new clubs that have to do with academics? Oh and this school is bankrupt, and we came close to being unaccredited.

As a student here at Georgetown Middle School, I find myself unchallenged academically. Last year I had a teacher who had OBVIOUS favorites, and most of the other teachers have favorties. I am a very smart, well-behaved student who needs a challenge, yet I find none. Also, this school system represses creativity and will quickly stomp it out if it does not follow the exact curriculum criteria. I find that in some classes, I answer many questions that the teachers didn't know the answer to, and these are general, everyday questions, mind you.

The teachers and adminstrators care very deeply about the students and the students treat each other like family.

Last modified Georgetown Middle/High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.