PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

At Country Day School, students are academically challenged in a safe and nurturing environment. The class sizes are small so children can get individual attention. The teachers know their students and are active in developing their strengths and improving their weaknesses. The school’s philosophy is to grow the whole child in mind, body, and spirit – in a quality Christian learning environment. I view the school as my partner in my children’s’ development. I have one child who is in 5th grade and another one who graduated five years ago. While the school and I are still working out some kinks with my 5th grader such as being consistent with study habits and taking responsibility, we (the school, my husband and I) had success with my eldest, who is an honor-student and a level-headed, confident, and compassionate person. Country Day provides a great well-rounded foundation.

My family feels so happy to have found Country day School after a bad experience in a Public School. This school is great. I recommend it!

My son started Pre-K at Country Day last year and we have been so happy with his experience! The school is an excellent balance of academic, social, and personal growth. They teach discipline and respect, while celebrating creativity and having fun. The focus is learning, not testing, which was so refreshing after having a different experience in public school with my older child. There are many after school programs and clubs and a caring, active after school program. The class sizes are small and the tuition affordable. I would recommend it to anyone!

I transferred my son here halfway through kindergarten from a top state public school system (in the next town) where he was being mislabeled and struggling. Within days, he was a new kid. CDS has a traditional curriculum that is time-tested. The community is close-knit and the parents are all heavily invested in all aspects of the school. The curriculum is rigorous and structured and students are expected, and willingly commit to supporting a sense of caring and empathetic spiritual and emotional community at school and beyond. I can't say enough good things about the wonderful and positive changes I have seen in my son during the months since we pulled him from public school. At the end of the day, our son comes home happy. Additionally, choosing Country Day School will open the door for our son's future school choices that would surely have not been an option had we held him back in public school. We wish we didn't waste so much time trying to make him fit into the single-track teaching style he endured in public school. Country Day School is a blessing to our family!

We feel so lucky to have found Country Day. The community is warm and welcoming and families are very involved so we really feel like we are part of our child's school life. The school does a great job at balancing academic rigor with values and fun. The teachers are caring while holding the children to high standards. Music, art, gym, and foreign language are part of the curriculum from the start. Both of us work, so we also appreciate the high quality and affordable after school program! I can't say enough good things about the school - we truly feel part of something special.

We started looking at schools in our area when our daughter was just 3 years old. We decided to start her at CDS after we looked at every school (including public schools) in a 25 mile radius ~ we did our homework! What we wanted for our daughter was the very best and after 2 years at CDS, I can tell you that CDS is the very best. The teachers are dedicated and accomplished in their own right, the small class sizes allow for a lot of individual attention and advanced learning, the character building, self discipline, lessons around respect and community contribution are all life lessons that contribute to developing the mind, body and spirit of our child. The school asks parents to participate in many aspects and parents love it because it creates a very familiar community and the school keeps tuition affordable because the parents are involved and contributing. I am very happy with our choice in schools, we will plan to send our other child to CDS as well. Good things are always happening at the school - check it out.

the school is undescribably excellent in all aspects. I mean what else is there to say.

Being a CDS Family has brought us so many blessings. My son has had so many valuable experiences that will help him throught-out his life in just the first two years at Country Day. As a parent you feel welcomed and enthusistic to be so united in a community and connected to a team of talented teachers who have an amazing staff and the warmest most wonderful Sister to help you give your child a really solid foundation. They help them build good character, and learn about the world around them in a clear and loving manner. The direction that the these young students are guided threw at CDS is one that fills them with compasion, understanding, decilipine, respect and wisdom. It gives me as a Mom a restfull, peaceful feeling knowing my son is using his time at school today in a very clear and valuable manner.

As parents with 2 children enrolled at CDS, we have experienced the highest level of academic excellence. What separates this school from most is the wonderful sense of Family Community. The friends that your child (and you) meet at CDS likely become lifelong friends. The teaching staff is very caring do a wonderful job in reaching your childs inner most potential. Lastly, the respect and consistency in routine teaches my children skills and self diciplinethat will carry them through their lifetime.

This school is very good. I have gotten a great education in every subject

Last modified Country Day School Of The Holy Union is a Private school that serves grades PK-8