PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I have had both my boys at Country Day School for the last 4 years and I am extremely happy with the education they are receiving. The school does a fantastic job of providing advanced academics that challenge their students. In addition they teach them study skills, public speaking, time management, self responsibility, and many of the vital skills they need to succeed. The teachers take personal interest in helping all the students to learn, and the small class size makes this possible. In addition, the school has a phenomenal community of great parents who all share the same values and goals for their kids. I feel so lucky that we have found such a nurturing community.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The character development is what sets Country Day apart from many other schools. The school produces good, caring kids. All of the students learn moral, ethical, and spiritual development at each grade level. Community service projects, and religion classes contribute to their whole person growth.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers get to know your child, and help them individually. They have high expectations, but they help your child achieve.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The homework is not overwhelming. Although the kids get homework most every night, we have found it to be manageable.

A wonderful school with high academic standards and a caring environment.

The best decision we made as parents was selecting CDS for our daughter. We love CDS because of the caring teachers who give individualized attention to each child. It is a warm community where all the kids know each other and welcome in new kids. They are taught not only at a high level, but are also taught the importance of community and helping others. Each grade does a service project which is wonderful.

At Country Day School, students are academically challenged in a safe and nurturing environment. The class sizes are small so children can get individual attention. The teachers know their students and are active in developing their strengths and improving their weaknesses. The school’s philosophy is to grow the whole child in mind, body, and spirit – in a quality Christian learning environment. I view the school as my partner in my children’s’ development. I have one child who is in 5th grade and another one who graduated five years ago. While the school and I are still working out some kinks with my 5th grader such as being consistent with study habits and taking responsibility, we (the school, my husband and I) had success with my eldest, who is an honor-student and a level-headed, confident, and compassionate person. Country Day provides a great well-rounded foundation.

My family feels so happy to have found Country day School after a bad experience in a Public School. This school is great. I recommend it!

My son started Pre-K at Country Day last year and we have been so happy with his experience! The school is an excellent balance of academic, social, and personal growth. They teach discipline and respect, while celebrating creativity and having fun. The focus is learning, not testing, which was so refreshing after having a different experience in public school with my older child. There are many after school programs and clubs and a caring, active after school program. The class sizes are small and the tuition affordable. I would recommend it to anyone!

I transferred my son here halfway through kindergarten from a top state public school system (in the next town) where he was being mislabeled and struggling. Within days, he was a new kid. CDS has a traditional curriculum that is time-tested. The community is close-knit and the parents are all heavily invested in all aspects of the school. The curriculum is rigorous and structured and students are expected, and willingly commit to supporting a sense of caring and empathetic spiritual and emotional community at school and beyond. I can't say enough good things about the wonderful and positive changes I have seen in my son during the months since we pulled him from public school. At the end of the day, our son comes home happy. Additionally, choosing Country Day School will open the door for our son's future school choices that would surely have not been an option had we held him back in public school. We wish we didn't waste so much time trying to make him fit into the single-track teaching style he endured in public school. Country Day School is a blessing to our family!

Last modified Country Day School Of The Holy Union is a Private school that serves grades PK-6