PK-K|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

From Preschool to kindergarten, all the teachers are so nice and helpful. The director Linda's opinion is so professional, not only my son, my wife and I also have learnt a lot from them.

The first year at GCS was great (toddler twos program)... the second year, not so much. Once in the preschool program the teacher, while nice, seemed to lacked the appropriate knowledge in working with our child. Additionally, she was always very cryptic when speaking with the parents (not just us...many parents felt the same way). This left us feeling confused at every pickup... During this time, my child was attending the Boutwell Preschool on alternating days and receiving speech therapy. This gave me a very unique perspective on the differences between the two schools. One particular experience I think shows the differences clearly... My child has a stutter/speech delay. During circle time at GCS he would get anxious about speaking (ABC's, numbers etc) or singing. This is a very COMMON issue with kids that have a speech disfluency. It's avoidance. GCS was frustrated that he didn't want to sit at the circle and they thought that he wasn't "retaining any information or peers names".... Meanwhile at Boutwell - I asked the teacher if they were having any problems at circle time. They said "No. We saw that he got anxious about speaking at circle. So we made him the ABC pointer and he loves it. That's a common technique we use for kids struggling with speech." ABC pointer is when he stands in front of the class and points the the letter that is called out. Another time at GCS my child was speaking directly to the teacher with me standing there. She made a nasty face at him and then turned to me and said "I can never understand a word he says"... This would never happen at Boutwell with the skill set that the teachers have there. The education, qualifications and experiences of the teachers makes a world of difference if your child is not "run of the mill"... and who's child is?

Groton community school is an amazing place! I've been here for three years and I can't say enough about the teachers and the staff. They are loving and caring which is exactly what I wanted in a school for my son! They are not only interested in my son but our entire family. The school offers so many enrollment options to fit out needs. My son is challenged every day he goes into class and also always has the most fun.

Truly an amazing preschool! My son loves it here. His teachers are wonderful, caring and committed, and work hard to keep parents involved on all levels. Great playground, pets in each room, gardens patches for kids, and NAEYC accredited - so we're also assured of their high-quality program!

Amazing Amazing school! Can not say enough good things about it! The teachers, staff and families are all wonderful...such a loving, positive family environment. We comment over 30 minutes so our son can attend!

Groton Community School has surpassed our expectations! Our children have attended the Camp Kaleidoscope summer program in addition to their school year programs. The environment is nurturing and educational; the staff is focused on the well being and growth of every child who walks in the door. I walk away knowing my children are in very loving hands that I can trust unconditionally. My third little one will be attending the toddler program when he's old enough to gain exposure to all GSC has to offer for his preschool/pre-K needs! Check out the school website for more information and pictures of the building and grounds (the outdoor space/playground is awesome!).

Our family has been at the Groton Community School for three years now, and we couldn't be happier with the entire experience. The teachers and staff are fabulous - they are truly dedicated to providing the best education to the students. We have also enrolled both of our kids in Camp Kaleidoscope during the summers and been impressed with the activities and experiences...GCS is like a second home for our kids!

I am a current parent at Groton Community School; and our family has been at the school for 4 years. The staff is incredible; not only are they nuturing and kind but there is longevity as well. The school is accredited by NAEYC, which means the school meets national standards in quality and excellence. The playground is marvelous! Check out their website at grotoncommunityschool.org; there is a Facebook link there as well. This school goes above and beyond.

Groton Community School is a fabulous place for children, as well as families! All of the staff and teachers are energetic, enthusiastic, fun and knowledgeable! I have two children that have attended GCS and I am thrilled with the school overall. Many teachers have been at the school for 10 plus years, which really shows how the school is loved by all! When I was shopping around for pre-schools for my older child, I went to GCS first and never looked another place - it is wonderful!

Amazing school with a great program and teachers. My children also love their creative movement program with Patty Barr. This school goes above and beyond for their families! Camp kaleidoscope is an amazing summer camp run by the school.

Last modified Groton Community School is a Private school that serves grades PK-K