Bad
Good

Groton Dunstable is a very good school. The majority of teachers are excellent. The new principal is by all appearances doing a very good job. We do not have as many courses to offer as would a larger school, but we cover the basics and then some. There is a good selection of AP classes and the material in them is on a par with college course work. Our student body is a wonderful, caring community and they all seem to really get along. Our school continually strives to improve. They are currently focusing on improvements in technology, since that is a relative weakness for us. ...I feel very fortunate to live in this town.

GDRHS is a very good school for its size . Child 1 graduated in last couple of years, one attends now. Block scheduling is a very good idea, enhancing focus, in a time where distractions abound.(FaceBook, e-mails texts). However the drawback to it is having 4 blocks classes each semester makes for tough scheduling. If your child wants to pursue band/chorus as part of curriculum or a second language and still track for a couple of AP classes by junior year), they need to be very careful and work with guidance and it is just not possible to fit things easily given classes are not all offered spring/fall even in math and sciences making selection tricky even for basic tracks. Guidance is wonderful but kids from outside district or parochial schools may be misaligned initially since grades seem to be suspect and placement exams not always best for getting slotted correctly into honors/regular classes and not all classes are offered in spring and fall. So- If you don't manage carefully your child might not get to track for 1-2 AP classes by spring of junior yr.(top colleges want AP grades). 5th block/split would allow music, 2nd language. Principals changed twice, Still very good HS

I was the kid who pooped in the urinals, this school has drove me to madness. I AM OTHER.

Groton Dunstable Regional is an excellent high school. I have learned alot here and I feel that coming from this high school will give me an advantage when I apply for college. The student body is very friendly, and the teachers are wonderful (for the most part). Many students new to the school system always say they are surpriesed by how welcoming everyone here is.

The new principal is also a disappointment. She seems quite concerned with a few minor issues, and seems to be either unaware or unconcerned with the bigger picture. (I agree with the comment made by this parent....)

We moved here from out of state about a year and a half ago, and chose Groton based on the rating of the schools. I have 2 daughters at the High School and am dissapointed. Although my daughters are doing well, I don't feel they are sufficiently challenged. There are relatively few AP courses offered. I'm also quite dissapointed in the clubs and extra-curricular offerings. The new principal is also a disappointment. She seems quite concerned with a few minor issues, and seems to be either unaware or unconcerned with the bigger picture.

My son loves his school, his teachers and learning. He is thriving.

Last modified Groton-Dunstable Regional High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.