Haverhill, MA
Students enrolled: 1,238

Whittier Regional Vocational 2

Posted February 02, 2015
Not enough variety of classes. Extra writing support is non existent. My son is in honors math and there are no books or teacher prepared handouts or access to math materials online. Students are expected to take notes, that's it.

Whittier Regional Vocational 3

Posted February 24, 2014
Whittier is a good school if you want to continue on with your trade and not go to college. All of the vocational teachers are great and do everything they can to help students in their shops. However, academically Whittier is a joke. When I attended Whittier, I was in all of the Honor program classes and was never once challenged and we never got homework. There were a lot of kids who did not common sense information and the teachers do not try to correct them or help them. I was NOT prepared at all for college. A lot of my friends said they felt that they were not prepared, as well. Athletically, Whittier was great. I played two sports during my four years and enjoyed my time playing. However, football is given all the attention and it seemed like they were always given new uniforms when the cheerleaders had not gotten uniforms in years. If I could go back in time, I would not have chosen to go to high school at Whittier Tech.

Posted June 01, 2013
Son #1 graduated and enjoys a successful full-time machining career, which Whittier helped set up as his co-op junior and senior year. Excited to see what the future holds for son #2 who is just entering Whittier this year. We are very happy with the school system and the great teachers who are personable and truly interested in the success of their students. Very supportive.

Posted April 16, 2012
Whittier has been a wonderful school for my daughter, there is absolutely no tolerance and for kids who have goals this is a great stepping stone.

Posted October 03, 2009
For years shuned as a dumping ground, through talented leadership Tech has become one of the finest Tech schools in the State

Posted March 08, 2009
Excellent school. Challenging courses, safe, great athletic program. My son was able to learn about careers in various fields and prepare for college. He will be attending the University of Delaware to play football.

Posted November 07, 2008
I have two kids at this school and one is a senior this year and the other is a freshman. Both of them love this school and so do i as a parent. I feel safe with them there every day and the education they are getting is fantastic. My daughter has disabilities in the way she learns and they have worked with both of us to help her succeed in her school work. I would always recommend this school to everyone.

115 Amesbury Line Road, Haverhill, MA  01830
Last modified Whittier Regional Vocational is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whittier Regional Vocational Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top