Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Based on my 5 year old niece's experience with her kindergarten teacher and the assistant, I would not recommend this school to anyone. My niece entered school in September with a love of learning. Her teacher and her assistant have ruined that. There seems to be no oversight of these teachers by school leadership. There is very little communication from the teacher and she is a bully to students and parents. This has been an extremely disappointing experience. The teacher says things to the students like "make sure you let your mother know that you have a very bad day today". That is such an inappropriate thing to say to five year olds. It seems like many of the students/parents in this class are having the same issues.

I am a 7th grader at this school and I started in 1st grade. So far, this school has been amazing! I haven allowed to learn at my own pace, in my own way. There is always help at my side when I need it, and there are so many great teachers and students here! I cant wait until next year and to learn more amd new things!

It is so awesome to have a Free option for Montessori education! Montessori philosophy is such an enriching way to teach. It helps children learn in the ways that each chid best retains. The school is a community and I love that the children are encouraged to help one another amongst grades. The city really needs to approve more classrooms and increase the budget. This type of education needs to be available to MORE!! They have a huge great building, now it needs to be approved for more than 2 kindergarten classes. The one downfall, they don't have foreign language, but all the other benefits are worth the trade off, in my opinion. This school philosophy focuses on the whole child, not just academics but how to work together and solve problems, be kind and considerate, think and be a community. I believe public Montessori schools are the way of the future!

Love, love, love this school. Wonderful dedicated teachers, parents that go above and beyond, students whom excel. Look at the latest MCAS.

For those who are open and interested in the Montessori teaching method, it's rare to find a FREE option. Haverhill is lucky to have such an option with the Hill View Charter. The teachers and staff are dedicated to the extra hours and efforts to help their students succeed. The latest 2009 MCAS scores are showing those results. MCAS at Hill View were tops for all of Haverhill in 2009 by far.

I'm a 7th grader at this school, and I love it! I've been at this school since it opened when I was in 2nd grade, and every year has been great for me! If you go to a different school in Haverhill that you're not happy with, I would definitely try getting into this school next year!

Both of my children go to hvm. They are so smart and love to learn. I am happy with the seccuss of the school and all the kids!!

My daughter just started kindergarden this year. She has always loved to learn, and this school has fit her like a glove. It has allowed her to learn at her own pace, and now, she is reading chapter books (with some help). My son will be attending in the fall, and I couldn't be happier. From the administration to the 'guides' (teachers) to the parents, there is a full community here, all wanting the best for the children. We are very lucky to have gotten in via the lottery. I love the Montessori approach, but would never have been able to afford it privately...love it!!!

I have two children who attend HVM. One started there in the 1st grade, in HVM's 1st year. Although there have been challenges along the way, I believe the journey has been well worth it. We are very lucky to have HVM. Our children are not only learning what they need to academically, they are learning the importance of being good members of their community. Grace, courtesy, dignity, and respect.....that says it all! Thank you Hill View

This is my childs first year at Hill View and we couldn't be happier. I never thought I'd see the day that my daughter would like going to school. The children at this school are treated as individuals who are learning about everything. Not just accademics. The Montessori way of teaching is brilliant and it has made a huge difference in my childs learning. I had always wanted my child to enjoy learning and now she does. The staff is wonderful and I feel that my child is truly cared about. What a great feeling. I look forward to my other child attending as well. She has visited the school many times and can't wait to join in.

Last modified Hill View Montessori Charter Public School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.